Saturday, November 29, 2014

After the Storm

As I lay our Advent wreath in the center of the kitchen table, I cannot help  but wonder if the incredible, suffocating stress is over for now.  When the adrenaline wore off, I was emotionally and physically exhausted to the point I where couldn't function and just crawled into bed letting everyone fend for themselves for a bit.

We survived Thanksgiving day.  Can you believe I did not take one, single picture?

Before and after dinner, the kids stayed busy outside, giving me the much needed quiet space.  A couple of them even took off on their bikes to go fishing at a nearby pond arriving home at dusk.  I was grateful for the peace and stillness that the day brought.

Friday and Saturday saw us catching up on school and picking up around the house.  David had off so he was able to mark off quite a few items on his honey-do list.

This upcoming week is our finals week, our first semester will be complete (except for Miss Sarah who is waiting for her new glasses before taking exams.)  Hard to believe that half of the year will be done!

Oh how the peace of a long break, reflecting on the season of Advent, sounds heavenly to me!




Prayer for the Advent wreath :

Lord, our God, we praise You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, for He is Emmanuel, the Hope of all people.
He is the Wisdom that teaches and guides us.
He is the Savior of us all.
O Lord,
let your blessing come upon us as we light the first (purple) candle of this wreath.
May the wreath and its light be a sign of Christ's promise of salvation.
May He come quickly and not delay.
We ask this in His holy name. Amen.

Praying for you all that your Advent season may be filled with fruitful blessings!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. Oh Patty, that exhaustion for the stress wearing off, there is nothing like it. What you braved through, what you had to be in those days for your daughter and for your family left you and exhausted beyond words. I was oh so happy to read that you were able to take Thanksgiving to rest your heart and soul a bit. I'm so glad you didn't pick up your camera. I'm so glad you're looking ahead to a peaceful Advent and some time off after the end of your semester. Take care of yourself just a bit longer. ~ I am still praying for her and all that might/could be ahead. Hang in there, He has Miss Sarah in the palm of his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful advent wreath. We are still praying here in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a peaceful Thanksgiving. Praying your Advent is the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! I know it's been so crazy around the house lately, I hope this Advent will be a peaceful time for you. So grateful that God gave you some peace on Thanksgiving. Truly something to be thankful for!
    My sister, her daughter and my daughter's family were here this last week. My daughter's tribe just pulled out today. Sigh... But I'm so tired, I have to say. I look so forward to the silence and light of the Advent season. God bless us both on our way this year.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails