Thursday, October 9, 2014

What's For Sunday Dinner?

I think we are ready to dust off the china and head back into the dining room for Sunday dinner this weekend.  It's been quite some time since we enjoyed our meals there.  My little girl hasn't sat in a high chair, let alone a booster seat, in quite some time.  She prefers to be a "big girl" and sit on a chair like the rest of us.  But no china for her ;)

I want to make my Baked Spaghetti for dinner, with a salad and rolls.



I originally posted this recipe over four years ago, and I'm thinking I should get a new food photo of it...the one above doesn't do it justice.

Dessert is my favorite part of a meal.  Hands down!

This weekend we are going to make Snickerdoodle Bars.


(I originally found this recipe from at Jamie Jo's place, and she originally found it on Barbara's blog.  Both links are in my original post.) 

This is such an Autumn/Winter recipe, the kind that really warms your tummy.  So easy, too, that I am making a second one for a bake sale on Sunday at church.

I'm sitting her typing this post and gosh!  Feeling rather hungry about now ;)

What are you having for Sunday dinner this weekend?

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. Snickerdoodle bars have been on my mind lately! And so has lasagna, which I think might be Sunday's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barbara! Those bars are great! I think it'll be a great bake sale item on Sunday :)

      Delete
  2. Dusting off the china for a very lovely family meal sounds like a wonderful Sunday. I only wish that I could invite myself over and join you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you that you and your family are welcome ANY time!

      Delete
  3. One question...have you ridden in that hot air balloon yet?

    Looks delicious! I love that it seems to have a lasagna flavor but a different texture!
    And those bars...yes, perfect for fall! We might have to make those soon.

    We are having company (Tom's brother and his family) over Sunday, they do not eat red meat, so we are having my white chili and cornbread....and that Hershey's chocolate cake...something like "perfectly chocolate cake" not sure on the name, but it is amazing. They are bringing fruit I think and I'll have veggies and dip, gotta have veggies!!

    They want to make sure to see us before we leave for Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely, Patty...
    We have Rhett's last soccer game on Sunday evening...
    So I am thinking of Sunday Brunch instead...
    Possibly Pumpkin Spice French Toast. : )
    Enjoy your weekend! : )
    Oh, and we are devastated, you know...
    About Dallas being cancelled. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you make Sunday dinner special- I miss those days (when all my children lived at home) that we had a "no Sunday plans" rule. Everyone had to be home for dinner (friends/boyfriends/fiances welcome). Mostly we ate at the back porch table with paper plates, but I also love the idea of eating on China!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails