Thursday, October 23, 2014

Crock Pot Creamy Chicken & Rice

Wednesdays are my crock pot meal days since there is swim team practice and I have to teach Confirmation class those days.

Do you have a particular crock pot day?

This was a brand new one I tried and it was SO awesome!!!  My family asked that this recipe replace  the old chicken and rice casserole recipe I've used for years.

Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice



I have also made this by cooking the rice on the side, (see picture below).



Both ways are delicious!


Ingredients:

4-5 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
2 cups baby carrots (*I put in more)
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 TBSP minced garlic
2 tsp garlic salt
Black pepper, to taste
A dash of dill weed
1 cup instant brown rice.

Direction:

1.  Place your chicken breasts into the bottom of the crock.

2.  In a separate bowl, mix up all the other ingredients, except for the rice, to create a chunky, creamy sauce.  Pour this over the chicken in the crock.

3.  Cover and cook on High for 4-6 hours.



4.  Shred the chicken and add the cup of rice.  Cook covered for an additional hour.

This is almost like the consistency of a stew.  I bet noodles would be a good substitute, too!

Enjoy!

Patty

3 comments:

  1. Always love your recipes, my friend!
    Going to try this one soon.
    I have chicken in the freezer. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday and added 1/2 a bag of frozen corn when I shredded the chicken. I served it over rice. It was very close to a chicken soup type of taste. Overall, the family liked it, especially the little kids which is rare! A little salt and pepper definitely added to the flavor. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha. I'd been wondering what to do with the chicken I just got. I have a feeling this will be Sunday dinner here, too! Thanks for sharing another appealing recipe :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails