Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Quiet Week - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Sunshine, blue skies, and low 80's.  (Up to 87 by Saturday).  I wish our pool was still open...


I am thankful for ~

Daughters who help with laundry and iron clothes.

Husbands who come home and make dinner when I'm still homeschooling.

Having good neighbors.

Blue skies and sunshine.


From the school room ~


Field Trip rescheduled

I had organized a home school field trip to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, which is located right in downtown Dallas.  After the second nurse was confirmed to have Ebola last week, the majority of moms decided it would be best to cancel if not reschedule.

Considering this Ebola mess, the museum allowed us to reschedule till late April, 2015.  No one lost out on their money.


Quarter 2 book reports 

Miss Ester (grade 8) -  The Hidden Treasure of Glaston



Miss Mabel (grade 6) - The Winged Watchman


Stan the man (grade 3) - Padre Pio


Book Analysis

Miss Sally (Sophomore) - The Prince and the Pauper, by Mark Twain



From the kitchen ~

Thinking about starting my menu.  Just thinking :)

Since it is going to be close to 90 this weekend, I'm going to keep things on the cooler side.


What I am reading ~

Since I read a religious book last time, I'm switching gears  this time around.

The Kitchen House


My friend, Jen, recommended it, and it had a some good reviews online as well.


What I am praying for ~

* The victims of Ebola, especially the two nurses who had been diagnosed after taking care of Mr. Duncan.

* For our home school.  That we, as a family, may continue to make great strides in our school year.

* For my husband who continues to work so hard in order to provide for our family and our vocation of homeschooling.

* For all those who have asked me to pray for them.


Around my house ~

Shoring up our plans for trick or treating and the All Saints party.


Coming down the pike this week ~

*Teach Confirmation class on Wednesday

*One child has a doctor appointment on Friday (downtown Dallas...rush hour traffic...yuck.)

*Troops of St. George camp out for the boys

* Miss Sally's birthday


What I am listening to ~

The big girls talking as they do the dinner dishes.  Stan the man helping David outside with some yard work.

A picture to share ~


David and Miss Mabel having a fireside chat this past Sunday evening.


Have a great week!

~  Patty ~

4 comments:

  1. Good call on the reschedule.
    Even if just for peace of mind.
    That is hot, my friend!!!!
    Get up here, would you!!!!
    We had some snow flurries the other morning.
    And a fire too. Inside!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! It must be very different to live in Texas during this time of Ebola. Of course we are aware of the cases there, but sometimes it seems far away. It's good for me to see it more immediately through your eyes.
    I LOVE that photo of your husband and daughter around the fire. Even if it's hot, an outdoor campfire is so inviting. I am always so impressed by your including prayer in your daybook. So many ask us for prayer, and it's so encouraging to see you back it up with intention. I hope I can be like that too.
    Happy Wednesday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the campfire picture! We are actually getting 72 degrees today!! But then back down to the 40's by next week...countdown 5 weeks til Texas!!

    Those poor nurses. Makes me think of Mother Teresa, and how she cared for the sick.
    Tom says we are going to roll our windows up and make sure we hold our breath while we drive past Dallas on the way down!! (we are kidding) but we are not stopping in any restaurants because of the whole Ebola thing in that area. (on the way down there) Gosh I hope it's figured out by the time we come home. It has to be a trust thing with God, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails