Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Guardian Angel Art

Oct 2 - Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels

We are celebrating it early this year since we are suppose to be heading to the State Fair of Texas on October 2,  (to use our FREE homeschool tickets they give out!)


(Miss Clementine's)


(Stan's)


(Miss Mabel's)


(Miss Ester's)

With a little construction paper, white paint, glue, scissors, and doll hair (found at Hobby Lobby), the kids made these cute Guardian Angels.  (Idea found at Catholic Icing.)

I picked these up years ago.


And Stan the Man received this DVD for his baptism birthday this past June.


So we are all set to remember our Guardian Angels!  (Praying that they keep us safe and sound at the fair :)

Angels and men are the chief creatures of God.  They are created spirits without bodies.  Some remained faithful to God and those angels entered into eternal happiness with God.  The "good" angels help us by praying for us, acting as messengers from God to us, and by being our guardian angels.  ~ The New Saint Joseph Baltimore Catechism No. 1.

Happy (early) feast of the Holy Guardian Angels!



October feast days we plan to celebrate::

October 2, Feast of the Guardian Angels
October 4, Feast of St. Francis of Assisi (Which is also Stan's birthday!)
October 5, Feast of St. Faustina Kowalska
October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'll have to remember these for tomorrow. Maybe even my little girls can do them? We shall see. The Guardian Angel movie, one of my kids' (ALL of them!) favorites!
    Perhaps some Angel Food cake would be in order for tomorrow too?? I think so!

    Enjoy the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! Happy Guardian Angel Day! We all were reminded of that at mass today, and I usually can remember because it's also my brothers birthday.
    I LOVE that book "Angel in the Waters". I give a copy to any pregnant mom that I know. It's such a beautiful message. I must keep that book in print :)
    Enjoy the fair too, can't beat free tickets.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails