Miss Mabel planted pumpkin seeds but grew gourds! In my bushes! (Things that make you go, hmm....)
The public schools in the state of Texas had their first day of class this week. Miss Ester and Miss Mabel decided to wish the neighbor kids a happy school year (an idea I got from another home school mom.)
ART 1 class through a co op near Dallas.
*Originally, just Miss Ester was going to take the course, with a girlfriend. Then I realized that Miss Sally would need one Fine Arts Credit on her High School transcript if she ever wanted to go to a public college or university in Texas. So Miss Ester and Sally are both taking this Art 1 class.
BTW, this co-op has nearly 600 home school students (grade 6-12) taking all kinds of courses!!
From the school room ~
*Last week was mid-terms. Already!
Schooling in summer months really makes school fly by.
The kids do all the normal activities other kids are doing in the summer, but the golden rule is, you must get your work done first, even if it means working ahead.
*A field trip to Frisco Safety Town. Are you familiar with the children's t.v. show Barney & Friends? Do you remember the fire safety episode? It was filmed at Safety Town.
I organized a field trip last week for 1st-5th graders. They had a fire safety class and then went out to ride bikes and walk around the famous Safety Town.
So! Much! Fun!
I put an iMovie of the field trip together for the group. If you have little ones between K-5th, they'll love watching it!!
* Moms' Back-to-School rosary and planning meeting. I am forever grateful for being part of a tremendous home school group!!
Apple Oatmeal Crisp.
Oh my word! To die for.
(I need to get this easy peasy recipe up on my blog.)
What I am praying for ~
* An adoption case that I am following. Please keep the prospective parents and baby Marcel in your prayers.
* World peace
* Plight of the Christians, especially those in the Middle East.
* For a family in our home school group; dad left 10 days ago for a year long deployment with the Navy.
What I am reading ~
To be honest, I have had a pause in my reading since we started remodeling our master bath.
What I am listening to ~
The hum of my a.c. It is still hitting the triple digits, which is normal for our neck of the woods. Fall is a LONG way off.
Around my house ~
* A whole bunch of (outstanding) dental check ups!
* Social activities for the kids.
Last week, a very generous (and courageous) mom hosted a boys hot dog roast and movie night for 15-18 fellas between the grades 3rd-6th.
* Another generous mom put together a bunco game night for 29 teens & tweens in our home school group.
We continue to chug along very quickly in our first quarter. And that's good! It's hard to believe that we are on week 6, but there are no complaints from my students ;)
Wishing you all a fantastic week and a great weekend!!
~ Patty ~