Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Master Bath Remodel - Putting It Back Together I

Wow!  Things picked up steam after I posted about the demolition of our master bathroom.

Flooring ::

Days 11 - 13  David tiled.





He did a FANTASTIC job, and it turned out beautiful!!!  (This labor intensive stage was the hardest part for him.)
 
The porcelain tile we chose is from the Koshi Collection.

Shower Prep ::

Day 15 - David started installing the green hardy board in the shower.  It's a special, moisture protection dry wall.


He couldn't install the bottom panels till the shower pan was installed.

Wall Color ::

This is the pebble tile that will go on a wall opposite the shower head.

Isn't she a beaut?


I was looking for a bluish-green paint color, one that would tie in with the pebble tile and the warm-colored vanity David built.

Wall color - Rookwood Blue Green, #2811  Sherwin Williams



The day after painting, David immediately installed the new toilet.  As my mom said, "Back in business!"  Ha ha


Dallas has a 1.2 gallon flush only, unless the stool has a dual flushing system.  (You know, one for the big job!  Ha ha ha!)

We purchased a TOTO brand, dual flush toilet.

That one sits 2" taller than a normal toilet.  (And my tall husband appreciates that nice perk!)

Shower walls ::

Day 19

This was the BIG day that he and I had been looking forward to!

We went with cultured marble for the entire shower.  We loved the look of it and when the estimate came within budget, we took a deep breath and went with it.


The color was called White On White, (which actually looks like a light gray on white), and we had ordered it in a matte finish.


We took it all the way to the back wall where the pebble tile will go (the green & white wall.)


We encased the window as well, to water proof it.  The glass shower curtain will take about two weeks to arrive, so the shower cannot be used yet.

In a short amount of time, this project has come a LONG way.  We are so excited about it.  David keeps saying, "Gosh!  I never imagined having a bathroom this nice."  Neither did I.  As I said before, he is quite blessed with some great talents.  If we had to pay to have this done, it would not be happening.

At the same time, he's getting very tired.  Being on the home stretch,  I think the next thing he plans on working with is the tile for the back wall as we wait for the vanity top to be completed.

Until then...

~  Patty  ~

13 comments:

  1. Looking great!!!!!
    And how awesome he is doing it!!!!
    Love it, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is doing an awesome job. He says he's going on a vacay when it's all done (hunting in Texas).

      Delete
  2. Wow! What progress! I would be tempted to live in that bathroom when it's finished. It's going to be gorgeous. Pretty paint color too. Keep up the good work David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An oasis for sure ;). Maybe I could fit a small wine cooler in there...
      He is working hard and doing a fabulous job.

      Delete
  3. That is going to be a gorgeous bath. We have an awful master bath and I would do that same do-over (getting rid of the big jacuzzi tub and putting in a big shower) if it were not for the wall in the way -- the wall with lots of plumbing. Unfortunately our tub is really part of the main bedroom -- a pass through between bathroom and closet. Odd configuration and the tub hasn't been used in about ten years!

    Your husband has great gifts! Mine can tile and paint and switch toilets, but he can't plumb and I need a plumber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel for you on the tub. Only, you have it worse then we did. I'm very grateful for my husband's gifts indeed!

      Delete
  4. Hi Patty! This looks so great...love that pebble tile for the wall. It's going to look so fun in that shower. My mom put in a toilet that was higher too, thinking she might need the extra oomph to stand up, and it was a God-send. You'll never regret buying that!
    I bet you can't wait for the shower doors to come in. We put in a glass door too...so easy to clean :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The higher toilet, yes! My husband insisted and I see why now. It will come in great use as we continue to age. Look forward to the glass!

      Delete
  5. Popping over to say hello:) You've been busy! Love the color scheme and pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! See, next time you are in town, you can spend the night at our house and shower away :)

      Delete
  6. Your new flooring is gorgeous!!!!! tell your hubby I said so :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! I will. The tile was tough, but he pulled it off.

      Delete
  7. I am loving how it looks so far. So much work and I bet you guys are tired, but I'm sure it will all be worth it. Great flooring. Can't wait to see the pebble tile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails