Friday, July 11, 2014

July 4th Layered Drinks

Not too long ago, I found this adorable, festive drink idea on pinterest, here.



It was a fun (and refreshing) science experiment for the Fourth of July!


From the original website ::
You can layer drinks in any way you like- the secret is in the sugar content. This works well for red, white, and blue but you can really do this with any color combination. The other secret to success with layered drinks is plenty of ice. After you add your bottom layer fill the glass to the top with ice and pour the second layer slowly and directly on top of an ice cube.


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 Cup Red CranApple juice
  • 1 Cup White Sobe Pina Colada flavored drink
  • 1 Cup Blue G2 Gatorade
  • Ice

Fill your glass 1/3 of the way full with CranApple juice.

  1. Fill to the top with ice.
  2. Slowly pour the remaining drinks directly on top of a piece of ice.

NOTES:

  • You MUST pour SLOWLY, DIRECTLY over ice :)
**I substituted the Pina Colada drink for a coconut water that had 19 grams of sugar - since I couldn't find the one she listed locally.**


When I went to order the old-fashioned milk bottles on amazon,  I noticed that the reviews suggested just buying the 4 pack of Starbucks Frappuccino.  ($4.99)  


Much much cheaper!!  The kids had a yummy frappuccino drink earlier in the week, and then they peeled the labels off afterward.  I cleaned the sticky goo with Goo Gone and washed them in the dishwasher.  Waa-laa!  All ready for our layered drinks :)


~  Patty ~


8 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! I saw them, but didn't get a chance to get the stuff needed for them. Thank you for the tip about the Starbucks Coffee bottles. Brilliant! I will definitely try them next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad to read that tip on the bottles. It really saved $$. Your kids would love making this experiment...even for Labor Day?

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun and great ideas! Love! Will need to remember this for next year! :) So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year for sure... those looks gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted good, too. Not too terribly sweet. I picked that coconut water up at Market Street but I think you may be able to find it at Target as well.

      Delete
  4. So adorable. I have to remember this for next year. The little Starbucks bottles make it so cute too!
    Can you send me the link for those stuffed dolls/patron saints? You had a link on a post a while ago, and I think they'd make really great Christmas gifts for my granddaughters. SHHH! No telling :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make unique and thoughtful gifts...Saintly Silver & Saintly Sewing....on etsy.

      https://www.etsy.com/shop/SaintlySilver?ref=shop_sugg

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails