Monday, June 9, 2014

Butter Bars

Lawdy!

Hands down the most delicious bar cookie we have ever eaten.  It's been awhile, so I went ahead and threw them into our Sunday dessert menu this past weekend.  This one never fails because any recipe that calls for powder sugar, cream cheese, and butter is winner!  

This recipe was originally given to my mother from her friend Audrey (who hails from England).  

Butter Bars


Ingredients:

1 pkg Dromedary Pound Cake Mix (*Hard to find so I substitute with any pound cake package.)

1/2 cup melted butter

(1) 8oz cream cheese, softened

4 eggs

1lb powder sugar (approximately 4 cups)

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped pecans (*optional)


Directions:

1.  Preheat oven  to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 9x13 baking dish, bottom and sides.

2.  Combine mix, butter, and 2 eggs.  Spread in 9x13 dish.

3.  Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, vanilla, and powder sugar (except 1/4 cup).  Spread on top of mix.  Sprinkle the nuts on top.

4.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes.  Cool and sprinkle with 1/4 cup powder sugar.


*I found that the best way to cut these bars is with a plastic knife (thank you, Jamie Jo!)

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My.
    Your recipes never disappoint.
    Can't wait to try these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Heavenly yummy. Another Patty recipe I need to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those look so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been reading blogs--so I am not ignoring you--I promise! These look amazing! I love things that have few ingredients, looks so easy! (glad the plastic knife works on other things too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm pinning this to my "sweets" board!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails