Hands down the most delicious bar cookie we have ever eaten. It's been awhile, so I went ahead and threw them into our Sunday dessert menu this past weekend. This one never fails because any recipe that calls for powder sugar, cream cheese, and butter is winner!
This recipe was originally given to my mother from her friend Audrey (who hails from England).
1 pkg Dromedary Pound Cake Mix (*Hard to find so I substitute with any pound cake package.)
1/2 cup melted butter
(1) 8oz cream cheese, softened
1lb powder sugar (approximately 4 cups)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (*optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish, bottom and sides.
2. Combine mix, butter, and 2 eggs. Spread in 9x13 dish.
3. Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, vanilla, and powder sugar (except 1/4 cup). Spread on top of mix. Sprinkle the nuts on top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with 1/4 cup powder sugar.
*I found that the best way to cut these bars is with a plastic knife (thank you, Jamie Jo!)
~ Patty ~