Sunday, May 11, 2014

The BIG Finale

A.K.A. Our last week of school.

Take me out to the ball game.







I took the older two last Wednesday,  (since they are the only big baseball fans in the house.)  The weather  was beau-ti-ful.

P.S.  The Rangers lost, but we still had fun!

****************************

Donuts last Friday to celebrate the end of our school year!!



10 years of homeschooling.  That is H.U.G.E.!!!!  (My kids did the math...with Miss Clementine here, I am only 1/3 of the way through.  Long sigh....)

NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think I would make it past 6th grade.

Holy Smokes!  It's even CRAZIER  to think I will have an official sophomore in High School!!!


****************************

Speaking of Holy Smokes...


Classes are complete for the year, and  I absolutely LOVED  my class of 8th graders!!

Confirmation Mass will take place on Pentecost Sunday, June 8.

**************************

Random.




***********************

New additions to our May book basket.

I added these new books to our collection for the month of May honoring Our Lady.  I saw them at Shower of Roses.


And my favorite...




****************************

Splish splash.

The subdivision pool officially opened last Friday!



Ya think it was cold?!



Ester missed out on the fun because she was earning $$ babysitting.


******************************

First Holy Communion.

I was asked to be on the logistics team for our parish First Holy Communion masses.  (Five masses in all - it's a BIG parish!)

Friday night was rehearsal.  Saturday morning was the Mass.

That was immediately followed by...

***********************
Swim team banquet.

Miss Sally's banquet was held  at Cooper Fitness Club.  A fun-filled Saturday afternoon.


(Photo credit ::  Swim Team Mom, Kathi.)




*******************

May Crowning.

Miss Mabel and her daddy crowned Mary at the 8am mass.



***********************

Mother's day lunch at my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant with my FAVORITE people in the whole wide world :)


David ordered some egg dish off of the brunch menu...it was so colorful, I had to take a picture and share it.


(Eggs on colored tortillas with fajita-style beef, avocado and potatoes on the side.)

I ordered build-your-own-tacos.  Nothing fancy.


My favorite part of the meal was my strawberry margarita :)


*************************

Skype date.  (Similar to FaceTime for those who are wondering what Skype is.)

Earlier in the week, the ever-adorable Miss Sarah from With a Hopeful Heart, suggested we hook up with Skype.  I thought it was a GREAT idea so we made a date for Mother's Day.


It was SO much fun and even though a couple of hours have passed since we "saw" each other, I am typing this with the same big happy smile on my face.

The kiddos got in on it as well since they are pen pals.    Listening to the two boys and their lego talk...so cute!

Her kiddos are just! as! adorable! on Skype as they are in pictures.  Pinky swear!

************************

And that's all of it, folks.

Crazy, crazy busy, but a good busy.  You know?

Wishing Sunday blessings to all of you as well as a good week ahead!!

~  Patty  ~







10 comments:

  1. You've had a busy last few days! That Clementine is just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN post! I'm planning our BIG FINALE as I type...Well, kind of;) It's so special to celebrate 10 years, isn't it? I'm looking forward to celebrating! You are the BEST at making friends...Love that about you! Cute random photo of Miss C...enjoy those moments as they go by at record speed...She looks so mature in her swim photos! Thanks for sharing all that you do and have a very, very, blessed trip! Hugs to you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures and post - I look forward to settling into a regular blogging schedule again after baby comes. Just no energy or time to do it now, as I barely get caught up with all my cyber-friends and then need to sleep. So happy that you've finished up your school year...congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I had a busy week!! School's still going strong up here, we go til the end of June. :(

    Thank you so much for your prayers!!!! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama, you've been BUSY! Knowing you, you probably just handled it all in Super-Mom style. Wow!! BUT, you've also been having so much fun by the looks of it. BIG finale, indeed. I just love seeing the photos of those sweet smiles on your kiddos and now hearing the voices that go with them. :) So.much.fun. It really made my weekend so much the better to chat. Yay!

    Blessings on your week ahead and enjoy the beginning of summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! What an eventful week. Congratulations on the end of a successful school year and 10 years of homeschooling! That is a HUGE accomplishment for all of you. And hooray for donuts and the opening day of pool season. Bring on summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mothers Day and congratulations on finishing another year of home schooling! Enjoy the first weeks of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have had so much going on! I'm glad it's all happy stuff. My favorites from this post...Stan's face in the pool and Clementine in the basket. Oh my goodness, such cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh, so much here!! Where do I start? Sarah! How fun to take it to that next level of actually SEEING eachother!! I am so happy we live in these times!! Beautiful swimming pictures...even though the water is COLD...Stan's face, classic!! He's adorable!! Clementine in the basket, adorable!!! (I also love the swim pictures of her in the pool!) I've been looking for a cheap sand water table since I saw your post on that!

    We will be starting our 10th year this next fall...wow. It goes fast doesn't it? We will be done this week...with one finishing Algebra online next week. SO fun to finish before the "school" kids do!

    There's a new Mary book? We have the Saints one, I'll have to add that Mary one to my school book list for Fall!

    Trying to catch up...got behind on my blog reading, don't want you to think I forgot you. I've been saving the post of your father in law to read when I can cry. I also plan to send you that little something this week. Bridget's diagnosis threw my life a curve....getting back on track though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a busy wonderful whirlwind!! Your photos are especially beautiful (not that they aren't always). Pentecost Sunday- how perfect is that for a confirmation! It is also the day that my Erin is getting married! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails