This recipe is PERFECT especially for the holiday weekend if you are entertaining or do not want to be stuck in the kitchen before and after dinner.
Oven Baked Fajitas
4 large, skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips.
4 TBSP veg oil
2 TBSP chili powder
1 1/2 TBSP cumin
1 1/2 tsp of garlic (or more if you prefer)
1 1/2 tsp of oregano
3/4 tsp of salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (optional...I used rotel)
1 med onion, sliced. (I substituted with onion powder)
6 peppers, variety of colors, sliced
Toppings of choice; cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken in greased 13x9 baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and slat. Pour over chicken and stir it to coat.
3. Add tomatoes, peppers, and onions to dish and stir to combine.
4. Bake uncovered 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are done.
5. Eat on warm tortillas with cheese, sour cream, guacamole...whatever toppings you like.
This recipe would easily feed 10 people.
I also posted a delicious coconut cream fruit dip recipe here. A great side for the holiday weekend coming up!
~ Patty ~