Monday, April 7, 2014

Daybook Post - South Pole Elf - Monday, April 7, 2014

Outside My Window ...

Bouncing temperatures...but they do bounce up into the 80's!


I Am Thankful For ...

Gosh!  So much...but in particular...

*  My sister-in-law Sara and her daughter Alison, who took the time to fly down and visit us from Illinois.

Sara is David's older sister and Miss Clementine's godmother.


David is Alison's godfather.


(I did not think to get a picture of the four of them.)


* My husband who has agreed to take my place as coordinator for our home school group's field trip to the  George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum this Tuesday.  (50 people to organize and keep track of :)


I Am Thinking About ...

Ester's indoor skydiving experience,  (a her birthday gift  from David and I),  at iFly Indoor Skydiving.


Her Aunt Sara and cousin Alison went with her :)



(Do you see Clementine and Stan looking at her in the tube?)


(She had a permanent grin on her face!)

I love giving  "experiences" as gifts for Christmas or birthdays.  



From The School Room ...

* Depending on the child, we have 5-6 weeks of school left.

* Field trip on Tuesday.




What I Am Reading ...

With house guests, I got away from my lenten reading.  :(


From The Kitchen ...

These healthy snacks have been added to our healthy snack menu / rotation.


No-Bake Energy Bites, recipe found here.



Homemade Pita Chips, recipe found here.




(Re-posting) Peanut Energy Bars, recipe found here.



(Re-posting) Birds' Nests, recipe found here.




(And not-as-healthy) Tortilla Pie, recipe found here.  (A good meatless Friday dish.)



We have been saving vein-clogging desserts for Sundays.  Last weekend, I made an old favorite of ours...

(Re-post) Strawberries and Cream Cake, recipe found here.



This past Sunday, we made and old-y but a gold-y...

(Re-post) Monkey Bread, recipe found here.  (Although, I'm sure y'all already have a monkey bread recipe.)





What I Am Praying For ...

* My mom who is making a car trip from Illinois to Nebraska (on her own) to visit a sibling of mine.  She can do it, but I still worry about her.

* For all who have asked me to pray for them.

* For all those who are preparing, or have already received, the sacraments of Baptism, Confession, Holy Communion, and/or Confirmation this spring!

* For my in-laws.



What I Am Listening To ...

Silence  :)


Around My House ...

I'm going to be MIA from the blogosphere for another week.  (I'll try to read your posts on the fly.)

Monday's extras ::  

"Hopefully" my last dental trip.  
TKD
Swim Team

Tuesday's extras ::

Field trip to George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum
Doctor appointment for Miss Clementine (I could not reschedule it unfortunately.)

Wednesday's extras ::

Stan's "Gotcha Day" 
Confirmation class (I only have two left to teach.)

Thursday's extras ::

Grocery Day
Swim Team


Friday's extras ::

Swim Team
Little Flowers / Little Women
Service Hours for swim meet (We need to get 20 in for the year or we are fined $500!)

Saturday's extras ::

Swim meet



* Overwhelming weeks turn me into a South Pole Elf!  (For those of you who have seen the movie Elf.)


One Last Collage To Share ...

(Miss Clementine listening to her daddy sing Let It Go from the movie, Frozen at the breakfast table.)

We kiss those cheeks  ALL.  THE.  TIME.  


Wishing y'all a GREAT week!!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patty! I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of Ester! That looks so fun. Is indoor skydiving anything you'd ever do? At least you don't have to jump :)
    Love monkey bread, yum! I'm so glad your husband stepped up for the field trip. The kids could probably use a male leader, especially when there are 50 of them!

    Have a wonderful week (it sounds busy!). Those swim team hours sound important, if not expensive if you don't do them :(
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, I just love the stories about your family. Your kids always have smiles on their faces. Treasure those moments. They are gone in the blink of an eye. I loved everything about being a mommy. Still do. They are my greatest joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails