Sunday, March 23, 2014

Red Potatoes and Thyme

I tried a new potato recipe over the weekend.  They thought it was good, and as David said, something different for a change.

Red Potatoes and Thyme


Ingredients ::

1 quart water
2 lb small red potatoes, quartered



1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of butter
salt & pepper
2 tbsp thyme (*I may cut back to 1 tbsp next time since it was a strong taste.)


Directions ::

1.  In deep, medium skillet, bring water to boil.  Add quartered potatoes and simmer 12 minutes, or until fork tender.

2.  Drain in colander.



 3.  In same pan, heat olive oil and butter.




4.  When butter is melted, add potatoes.  Season with salt & pepper and thyme.  Coat and brown potatoes, stirring occasionally, stirring 7 or 8 minutes.



I found the potato recipe here.

Prep:  10 minutes
Cook:  25 minutes

Serves:  6


I served this dish with a maple-glazed pork roast.  (Maple-glazed Pork Roast recipe found here.)

I'm thinking I may serve it with my Easter ham this year...

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

1 comment:

  1. Now those to look delicious. I bet they were perfect with the pork roast. *mouth watering*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails