Sunday, March 23, 2014

Peanut Butter, Banana Oatmeal

Ester prepared this for breakfast the other day and it was really delicious!

Peanut Butter, Banana Oatmeal



Ingredients ::

4 1/2 cups of water
2 cups rolled oats (*We only had quick oats in our pantry & used those instead)
Pinch of salt
2 bananas, sliced
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped almonds (*We had and used chopped pecans)
2 tbsp agave syrup (*We substituted honey)

Directions ::

1.  In a medium sauce pan, bring the water to a boil.  Turn the heat down to low and add the oats and salt.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the oats are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.

2.  Add the sliced bananas and peanut butter.



3.  Add the almonds (or in our case, pecans.)


4.  Add the agave syrup (or honey).


5.  Stir to incorporate evenly.  If the oatmeal is too thick, add a splash of milk.

Servings : 4

**I told her to cut the recipe in half since we are not all oatmeal eaters.  She did and it yielded 3 servings!


We found the recipe in Eat This, Not That book.  It is a much healthier way to eat oatmeal than the pre-packaged packets I had been buying (which had way too much sugar in them).

If you have hot oatmeal lovers in your house, they'll love this one!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite breakfasts! To start the day with one of my favorite food groups, that would be peanut butter, is one of the highlights of my morning. Of course, that's to round off my morning with my other favorite food group, coffee. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter+ bananas=LOVE.
    Good job Ester!
    I could eat that whole pan. Sad, but true. : )
    Happy Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails