Monday, March 24, 2014

Daybook Post - SPRING! - Monday, March 24, 20014

Outside My Window ...

First there was one ~


Then there were two ~



Beautiful, aren't they?  We had our first REAL big rainfall in months and months and months on March 15.



Our area has been in a drought for a number of years now.  So even though the rain was greatly welcomed, it wasn't nearly enough.  Unfortunately.

I Am Thankful For ...

~ A good first scoliosis brace check!

~ My mom's great post-back surgery check up.  She is a rock star I tell ya!!  (She even has permission to now ride a 3-wheeled bike and doesn't need her back brace anymore. )

~ Hard working kids!

~ My husband who came to my rescue when I was sick last week.




I am Thinking About ...

~ Tooth problems.  Lawdy! Do they haunt me.  Have to have work done this Wednesday on a problem tooth.

~ Family is coming to visit next week!  (We will take our second week of spring break then.)


From The School Room ...

~ Sally is currently reading, The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare, for her freshman English class. (Kindle version)



~ Ester's required saint book report will be on The Little Flower.



~ Mabel's choice for her required saint book report is St. Rose of Lima.



~ St. Joseph's feast day.

Needing a new & easy way to celebrate this feast day for our Living Liturgy at home, I read that it is also a big feast day for Italians who celebrate it by noshing on cream puffs and cannoli.

So, we had store bought  cream puffs for dessert!

(Photo credit - google )




What I Am Reading ...

~ Nothing last week.  On top of a busy start and a tooth ache, I had the stomach bug.  Y.U.C.K.  Hoping to get back with my Lent & Easter with Fulton Sheen.



From The Kitchen ...

A few new recipes that I finally had time to post ~

Peanut Butter, Banana Oatmeal.  Recipe found here.



Red Potatoes and Thyme.   Recipe found here.




Fruity Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.  Recipe found here.




Quinoa & Black Beans.  Recipe found here.



What I Am Praying For ...

~ In thanksgiving for our 4th great-niece!  Sweet Eva Grace was baptized into God's family on Sunday.  (I wish she did not live 760 miles away!)

~  For all those who have asked me to pray for them.  So much sadness, anxiety, and worry out there. (If you have asked me to pray for you, please know that I do.)

~ For my Father-in-Law.  (He cannot speak anymore nor does he walk.  When he does, it is a mumble.  He sometimes shows signs of recognition for his wife and the caregivers.)

~ My husband.  Home Show season is wearing him out.



What I Am Listening To ...

Frozen.  It arrived the day I had the stomach bug.  (Perfect timing, Amazon!!)  It is such a good movie filled with great music :)


Around My House ...

~ Nothing like a good case of stomach bug that makes you want to clean everything, huh?!  So, we started spring cleaning.

 This past Saturday, I had the kids turn the upstairs inside out, and it now sparkles!

Next weekend, we hit the downstairs.


~ Stan the man!!  He was SO excited to shadow as an alter server for the first time this past Sunday.  It was precious!



A Picture To Share ...

My mom had sent this statue of Our Lady to me for my birthday ~

(She is beautiful  and on the mantel.)

Have a GREAT week!!

~  Patty  ~

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful statue!
    Sorry to hear you were sick. My kids had the chance to watch Frozen at their grandparents house last weekend while me and my husband were on retreat. I have to admit, I was a bit jealous. I think I may be the only person who hasn't seen it yet. So many great recipes you posted. Can't wait to check them out. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. We haven't seen it either. Flynn won't watch it. Looong story...she feels it would be betraying Cinderella... Don't ask. ; )

      Delete
  2. Where to begin with this one, Patty! The rainbows. So beautiful, and so meaningful too, don't you think? So happy you are on the mend, and I will be thinking of and praying for you with your tooth appointment. I know I get anxiety even leaving my house, let alone going to the dentist. : )

    And yay for spring cleaning! Yep, nothing like the stomach bug to get you ready to throw open the windows, wipe everything down, and douse it all in Lysol.

    Your food ALWAYS looks yummy, and never disappoints. Never.

    Have a wonderful day, my dear friend. Oh, and loved your little sweetie peeking out at the rain. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rainbows; beautiful statue! I HATE having tooth problems, so I can definitely sympathize with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful rainbow. It gives me hope that spring time rains and time outdoors are just around the corner. Boo for stomach bug, but yay for spring cleaning! I am starting to notice many nooks and crannies that needs some attention. We have three days off this week for quarter break and my intention was to do a bit of cleaning. Unfortunately, I messed up my back on Saturday and woke up this AM still in pain. Perhaps I can shout out directions to the kids from the couch? Wouldn't that be an interesting spring cleaning endeavor? ha.

    Frozen...have only seen parts, but my kids saw the whole thing and enjoyed it. I need to get that on our Netflix list.

    Oh, and the statue. Bea.u.ti.ful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post of thanksgiving, praise, and all that you have accomplished. Those children just melt my heart. I'm having a new grandbaby girl and I can't wait to show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbows... beautiful! We have snow today... SNOW!!! It's not much but I'm so ready to shed my non yoga, yoga pants and tops (today I'm wearing a cami, a sweater to my knees, and a sweat shirt on top of it) Don't ring the doorbell.. I'm to sloppy to answer! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! Happy Birthday! Mom's just know the right thing to make your heart sing don't they? And those rainbows are just beautiful. I always think that I am doubly blessed to see twins in the sky.
    Girl, don't talk to me about teeth. My mouth has so many root canals and caps, my dentist should be living in a mansion. Finally, I found out I grind my teeth at night. Much better with a mouth guard. Not so great looking, but worth it!

    Save me a cream puff :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much here to comment on- the rainbows are amazing! I feel your tooth pain! So sorry to hear you were sick. And I love all the books- Bronze Bow was a favorite around here, and both those saints books are favorites as well- my new granddaughter's middle name is Rose. :)

    Have you seen this-
    http://createdandredeemed.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/finding-theology-of-the-body-in-disneys-frozen/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red potatoes and thyme are the prefect simple meal for rainy evenings...easy to make and so tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I tell you we had that Quinoa stuff and it was wonderful? My son gave it a 9.5. We rate new recipes...anything 7 or above, I make again...maybe 6 if I like it. (hahah)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had Quinoa this week also - with red beans & brown rice. Delicious!
    I hope you are feeling better, and what a lovely birthday present!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails