Monday, March 10, 2014

Daybook Post - Spring Break Week 1 - March 10, 2014

Outstide My Window (Front Door)...


They're off to horse camp for spring break (with their neighbor friend).


I Am Thankful For...

~  A break from school!

~ My beloved!  For the sacrifices he makes in order for us to home school.




I Am Thinking About...

Our plans for the week:

* Pedicure gift card that Sally and Stan gave me for my birthday.
* The hair appointment I made for myself, too!
* Horse camp.
* Painting projects.


From The School Room...

Religion Class - St. John of God, Patron Saint of Heart Patience.

Can you tell that this fruit cookie "cake" was shaped into a heart?  (You might have to look real close!)


Ester requested this fruit cookie cake for her birthday over the weekend and since St. John of God's feast day is the same day as her birthday, we attempted to make it look like a heart :)

I also found his holy card for the kids' holy card collections ::


(For young moms out there, this made for a great church toy when my oldest ones were toddlers.  They are great for any child who has a hard time sitting still in church.)


What I Am Reading...



From The Kitchen...

Ester had a fruit theme going for her birthday and requested this yummy Fresh Fruit Salad::



The honey in the home made dressing is so yummy!  (Recipe found here.)


What I Am Praying For...

~ All those who have asked me to pray for them.

~ Our lenten journey.


What I Am Listening To...

Stillness.

My kids ONLY sleep in when the clocks spring ahead.  And that only lasts about 3 or 4 days. :)



Around My House...

A ton of stuff going on (lately)!

~  Lenten reconciliation service.

~ Friday's Stations of the Cross at church.

~ Knights of Columbus fish fries (and quesadillas).

~ Ester's 13th birthday.

~ Stan's First Reconciliation (check out his glow :)


~ Concert at church - Illinois Wesleyen Collegiate Choir - SUPERB!

~ Painting projects!



A Picture To Share...


Have a great week everyone!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Good Monday morning from Pa, my friend...
    Enjoy your Spring Break!!!
    Love the peek into your days!
    Wish I could fly down and meet you for a pedicure. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week...so many good things....things that make me happy. I remember how much Katie enjoyed horse camp when she was younger. I think the fruit cookie is wonderful, and yes, it looks like a heart. I love the smiles. Thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookie and fruit salad look wonderful, what a fun theme--fruit!!

    What a fun weekend! What room are you painting? Love the color!
    Such a busy house, love it!
    I love your love of family and all the things you do!

    I have that same prayer card holder for Mass!! I only did one though, and each child has used it!
    Way before blogs and Pinterest!

    Our Stations of the Cross is held at the same time as my holy hour. I love going though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked over here from Haunani's site - how fortuitious! I just wrote about how I know nothing about Lent and then you posted some great resources. Thank you :) That Mother Theresa book looks like something I would love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What yummy food choices. I could almost taste them from here. Enjoy your spring break, pedi and hair appt. You deserve it! And go sit in that laundry room and enjoy that color. Seriously, I would. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails