Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Daybook Post - My Birthday, Clementine Counting to 20 - March 5, 2014

Outside My Window...

Winter reared its head.  Sure hope that was the last time.


I Am Thankful For...

~ My Catholic faith.

~ I am SO GRATEFUL for the right to vote!!!


Texas had the country's first primary for 2014 (March 4.)


~ I am SO grateful that my husband researched every candidate and marked a sample ballot for me to take into the voting booth.  (He has a degree in Political Science and has taught me a LOT about government.)



I Am Thinking About...

Our Lenten journey.  When Ash Wednesday is finally upon us, the journey seems SO long.  Does it not?


From The School Room...

~ It is finals week.

Quarter tests in almost every subject for each of the kids.  A lot of juggling going on!

~ T minus 2 school days till spring break!



What I Am Reading...

Lent and Easter Wisdom from Fulton J. Sheen.



On the sacrament of reconciliation ::

"It is a medicine for the soul, the healing of our wounds, a home coming, an undoing of the past; and opportunity to get a fresh start in life, another bath, a kind of secondary baptism."



From The Kitchen...

Creamy Tomato Soup (recipe here.)




What I Am Praying For...

~ For all those who have asked me to pray for them.

~ For a fruitful Lenten journey.



What I Am Listening To...

~ Miss Clementine repeat   e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  (Mommy is trying to watch her "mommy words".)


Around My House...

~  I turned 45 on March 4!  (Not sure what 45 is "suppose" to feel like, but I can say I feel 10 years younger!)



It was a really good day :)

(Waiting for our table at the restaurant.)


A Picture (and Voice)  To Share...








Have a great week!

~  Patty   ~

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I turned 44 on February 25th. And I feel the same way. The mid 40s definitely don't feel as old as I thought they would. Have a great birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great daybook. So many similar things on my mind as we enter into Lent. And to end it with Clementine, bless your heart. I won't even try to explain how I teared up hearing her voice. I'm a bit sleep deprived this AM. Give that sweet girl who has a real voice in my head now, a very big hug from me. :) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday my dear, dear, sweet, beautiful ,inspiring, friend!
    And I feel as if I received a gift...hearing that sweet, precious voice!!!!!!
    Yes, I agree with Sarah...you made my day! : )
    P.S. I am right behind you...45 in September!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Congratulations for counting to 20! What a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday friend!!!! Hang in there with the last few days (oh I guess since tomorrow is Friday just one more day) Enjoy your spring break from school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! We are celebrating Spring Break next week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad you celebrated the day with a fun outing, and had some cake too. And happy Spring Break too :) I hope the weather cooperates for some fun outside play for the kids. Maybe the snow is gone?

    The counting by your daughter was so cute! I love the 'teens' part, and your husbands sweet encouragement.
    Happy weekend :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot beLIEVE you are 45. You not only feel 10 years younger, but look 10 years younger.
    Great counting! She's adorable. Enjoy your Spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had such a nice birthday and that you feel 10 years younger!! (you look even younger than that!)

    How precious is that little Clementine counting? (VERY)

    I'll be 45 in Sept too....(like Billie)
    It's fine. I feel a lot younger too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you realize how blessed you are by these affirming comments but they ALWAYS make me smile when I visit you here. What precious friends you have and a real tribute to you! Oh, MY that little Clementine voice is so sweet! Have a lovely Spring break and especially enjoy your "teacher's break!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails