Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Daybook Post - Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes - Feb. 11, 2014

Outside My Window...

The kind of day that puts the "ugly" in winter.  Gray, foggy, and damp.


I Am Thankful For...

Great friendships...near and far :)


I Am Thinking About...

* The crazy lunatic who had our subdivision scared to death and the nearby elementary school  in lock down last Thursday.    I am praying for this man...how sick and confused he must be to do what he did!!


* Flat Stanley has been our house guest for the past couple of weeks.  Actually, it is Flat Stanley II since I gave the first one a tour of the kitchen trash can...hasn't been seen since.  (That was embarrassing!)


* Our recent visit with a family friend at his new assignment,  Chaplain of the Catholic Campus Ministries on the SMU campus in Dallas.

While there, Father Arthur took us over to the  George Bush Presidential Library and Museum so Flat Stanley II could have a peek.





* The adjustment period we are helping our daughter  cope with as she deals with her new scoliosis brace.  (It takes us 20-30 minutes each night to get her adjusted properly and somewhat comfortable.)





* All the preparations going into  organizing of our home school group's St. Valentine Pizza Party / Talent Show this coming Sunday.



From The School Room...

* The older 4 kids made Our Lady of Lourdes grottos today as we celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.




I found the kits at Illuminated Ink.

* Stan the man watched Bernadette, The Princess of Lourdes, found here.


* Kids are working on their Talent Show entries for this coming Sunday ::

~Sally is showcasing her swim team (experience) on a traditional tri-fold board.

~Ester & Mabel are doing a Tae Kwon Do routine.

~Stan is reading a poem/ prayer on the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

~Praying Clementine doesn't undress and sing out loud, "I'm naked.  I'm naked."  (With hands on shaking hips.)


What I Am Reading...

* Following Mary to Jesus


From The Kitchen...

* Mabel made her first batch of banana / chocolate chip bread...


It smelled divine and tasted even better!  (I think she is taking to baking like a fish takes to water. :)



What I Am Praying For...

* For the repose of the soul of Billie Jo's father,    and for her entire family as they go through this difficult period.

* For my in-laws.

* For all those who have asked me to pray for them.

* For my sibling's family.



I Am Listening To...

Clementine talk and sing.  Every single age has been a blast with her!


Around My House...

* Kids' dental appointment today.  

* My dental appointment on Wednesday.  (St. Apolonia pray for me!)

* St. Valentine's day 

* Little Flower/ Little Women meeting coming up Friday evening.

* We are going GREEN around here!  


The girls tested for and earned their green belts Monday night!  (Don't mess the pony tails!)


A Picture To Share...


Flat Stanley II loved lookin' at the boots!

Happy Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes!

Have a great week!

~  Patty ~

4 comments:

  1. I did not know about Billie Jo's Dad's passing. Thank you for sharing, they will all be in our prayers. Keeping your intentions in our prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Flat Stanley I. I can see how easily that can happen. Glad #2 is out and about going to fun places. And those grottos...they're fantastic. You're a fun mom. Enjoy your day, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! I am joining you in prayers for Billie Jo, her Dad and her family. You are such a wonderful blog-friend.
    I did have to laugh with you about Flat Stanley the First. Sounds like something I would absolutely do. Love those grottos! They are so pretty with the stones on them...you are very inventive :)
    What a fun opportunity to see the G. Bush Library, I have never been to any of them. This one looks HUGE.

    The scoliosis brace looks daunting...but at least it's pretty? Hopefully that helps a little. What a process for you and your little one. I hope it helps her and that you all become friends with the brace. That's asking a lot, but I bet it will happen eventually.
    Happy Valentines Day! I am going to do a post on the Sunshine Award tomorrow. Thank you again for nominating me, such an honor!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always such fun times at your house! (except before bed, putting on that brace!)

    Scarey about that man....so sad too.
    That Flat Stanley thing is cool, never heard of it before you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails