Saturday, February 1, 2014

Coconut Cream Pie

For all of you coconut lovers out there...my mom sent me this amazingly easy- to- make and very tasty recipe.  It  tastes like something from a professional bakery!




Ingredients::

9" deep dish pie crust  *I bought a frozen one.

(2) small boxes of Jell-O Coconut Cream pudding *either cook & serve OR instant will work.

Coconut, toasted - your own desired amount.

Whip cream - Your own desired amount


Directions:: Pie Crust

I followed  the directions on the back for the thaw and cook time.  When finished, set aside to cool.



Directions:: Whip Cream

~When using the instant pudding and while the pie crust was baking, I prepared my home made whipped cream.  Set aside when done.

~When using the cook & serve pudding, I did not make the whipped cream until the pie had a chance to chill for a few hours in the fridge.


Directions::  Toasted Coconut

I used the directions for this on the back of the coconut package.

Basically, put the desired amount in a sided dish, place it in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.  Be careful.  Once it starts to brown, it will go quickly.  (I transferred it to a cool dish to help stop the toasting effect from the heat of the original dish it was in.)


* If you want, reserve a little toasted coconut to fold into the whipped cream.


Directions:: Pudding


I have used both the instant and the cook and serve.  Both taste the same but if you are short on time, the instant is the way to go!

~ Prepare according to package directions.  Pour into the cooled pie crust.  Refrigerate according to instructions.

When I was ready to serve the pie, I topped it with the whipped cream I had made.


So delicious and easy, we had twice in one week!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you have my mouth watering now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm....what Phyllis said.

    I LOVE coconut in things, Tom won't let me have it in the house. (haha) You either love it or hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty... This is my Dad's very favorite. : )
    He is stable...very tired but no pain.
    He ate a bit of applesauce And is still himself. : )
    He clapped a bit last night as Flynn sang him a song.
    Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails