Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's a Smorgasbord Today

~  The dentist.  Does anyone else get anxious over having to go?

Dental techniques and preventative care have certainly changed in the past 40 years.  My kids' teeth?  Perfect.  Mine?  Not so much.  I envy the care and dental hygiene that they have been using since toddler age.  My teeth are in good shape except for the all the repairs to the old fillings from years ago.  It is terribly frustrating for me and seems as though every time I go, there needs to be another fix.

Every cleaning makes me nervous.  I sit there waiting for the  dentist to say, "Well look-y here....another crack in a filling.  We need to fix that, you know."  Cha-Ching.

I was recently asked by my new dentist why I had not repaired that old filling.  I wanted to ask if he would  like to pay the bill,  but I did not.

This week will take me back to the dentist for repair work.  I did pick up insurance so my bill should not be anymore than $1500.  (Insert depressing sigh.)


~  Onto a cheerier note.  Look at the platter I painted at our last Moms' Night Out!


I totally stole  borrowed the idea from the ceramic shop.  I am glad the owners of the shop had ideas on the shelves for the customers; otherwise, I think I would still be sitting there trying to figure out what in the blazes to paint.  Ha ha!

Do any of you paint ceramics?  It really was a lot of fun.


~  Indulging a wee little one and appreciating the warp speed of time.

Oh my goodness gracious how she loved her owl cake.  (She started fancying owls when she had a pair of Carter's owl jammies last summer.)



And as I said, I did not make it.  I lack the skills and time.

Did I  indulge a bit?    Absolutely!    Ha ha!

From my perspective, when you have a history of miscarriages and find it very difficult to even conceive a child...and then, by the grace of God, you find yourself bringing a new life into the world in your 40's...well hallelujah... damn right I'm going to indulge!  Ha ha!

With birthday number 45 almost here for me, I honestly admit, I appreciate this "time around"  in some ways more than the others.  When the others were little, I was in too much of a hurry for them to grow up.  I really, really regret that.

~  Living Liturgy.

This Friday we are celebrating the Feast of St. John Bosco.  We have never celebrated this feast day, have you?

Since he is the patron saint of boys, I thought the kids would really enjoy learning more about this holy man.

We are going to watch this movie...


...and gnosh on (store bought) biscotti.

Speaking of  Living Liturgy plans, I decided which feast days we will celebrate in February.

* February 11, The Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.

I am excited about these grotto kits I ordered from Illuminated Ink.



I wanted something the older girls would enjoy making, too.  They are going to love these!

* February 14.  The Feast of St. Valentine.
* February 18.  Clementine's baptism birthday.


~ Step 1 of my piano / interior decorating should be complete by this weekend.  (Thanks, again, for all the GREAT ideas!!)  I will show you pictures when I am done and then I will need advice on Step 2.

~ Last but not least, I finished my hat!


Badda bing!

As I mentioned on FB, it is full of mistakes and a good wind could probably blow it off, but I did it!  Many, many thanks to my teacher, Ester!  (The child has the patience of a saint I tell ya.)


Wishing you all a fantastic week!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. I see pics of your beautiful children down to Clementine and then a birthday cake for Cecilia. Is Cecilia the youngest? Where is her photo?
    By the way, I love your kids' names! And I love your blog--just started following last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! Welcome aboard. I will need to stop over in your neck of the woods! As for Cecelia/Clementine...same child..real name/ blog name. Actually all of the kids are posted with their blog names. And those blog names are actually real life family nick names that their grandfather gave them. (Grammy gave Clementine her nick name since she was born after my father passed away.)

      Delete
  2. Hi Friendy!
    Have you seen any awesomely handsome men around? Peyton tells me they are filming at Southfork again. ; )
    Love the platter...the dentist? Not so much. : )
    Thanks for your kind words...always warm my heart. And your prayers? I know your's go straight to the source. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, so much here to comment on!

    The hat, so cute on you!
    (again, you need some snow for it though--just sayin')

    The whole 45 thing made me cry. I'm a blubbering mess. Just came from Billie Jo's post.
    I will be 45 in September and I SO want another baby, yes, I have 6 now, but I have gone through years of infertility and it is such a sacrifice to offer up. Whatever Your will Lord.

    So, YES indulge on that sweet little one!

    The platter, cute--super cute! We have a shop in town that is like that, the kids have gone a few times, such a fun idea for a mom's night out! One year we did it around Thanksgiving, so we have like 3 Thanksgiving plates! We have jewelry boxes, a high heel shoe, and I think that's it...


    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate the dentist! All my kids love going, but that's because like you mentioned, things are so much better than they used to be! I have had to have many fillings repaired and a root canal re-done. I really like our dentist in MI and I'm tempted to just keep seeing her! Thanks for the reminder on John Bosco, I think we have that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think finding new dentists and hair stylists is one of the most trying parts of moving!

      Delete
    2. *new doctors in general, not just dentists.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails