Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Beef Brisket

I was always afraid to attempt beef brisket until a southern girlfriend of mine sent me her recipe.  It truly is super easy and oh my word!  The entire house smells delicious as it cooks all day in your oven!

Beef Brisket



Ingredients ::

4-5 lb. beef brisket  (*I wait till I see it on sale.)
1/2 of a large bottle of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 bottle of Liquid Smoke  (*Found next to the BBQ sauces at the grocery store.)




Garlic salt
Celery salt
Onion salt

Directions ::

1.)  Pre heat oven to 275 degrees F

2.)  Line a pan well with foil.  Make sure nothing will leak out of the bottom.  Place the brisket in the pan, fat side down.

3.)  Pour the Worcestershire sauce over the brisket.  Then pour the Liquid Smoke over it.  Sprinkle the garlic salt over the meat so that it is really covered with salt.  Do the same with the celery salt and the onion salt.



4.)  Seal the foil completely around the brisket.


5.)  Bake for 5 1/2 - 6 hours.  Once you remove it, allow the  meat to stand 10 minutes before slicing.

You can serve with the au jour  or  BBQ sauce, sliced, or chopped (on buns).  This is SO delicious and even easier to prepare!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect, I always had trouble with oven brisket (I finally got smoking it down pat), I appreciate this recipe- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beef brisket at restaurants, and I had no idea it was this easy. Thanks Patty, your recipes are always so good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails