Thursday, December 12, 2013

Saint of Light and Christmas Lights

A few years ago, my friend Jen, over at Forever, For Always, No Matter What, gave me the idea of taking our annual drive to view the Christmas lights on this saint of light's feast day!

(How appropriate is that!)


St. Lucia (or St. Lucy) - December 13


She is a light bearer to guide us through the winter skies of Advent.  Her story can be found here.

***********************

And so we adopted December 13 as our official Christmas light viewing night.  After dinner, we pile into the van with our Christmas music in tow, and head out to see the beauty of all the Christmas lights.

What an easy way to not only celebrate this saint of light, but to live the liturgy in our home!


Afterward, we make some hot cocoa and read a couple of books …


I just LOVE being Catholic!

Advent blessings!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of making this light-viewing night! You are truly inspired with these wonderful ways to celebrate, and I thank you for sharing the ideas with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I always leave your blog so inspired in my Catholicism. Thanks for sharing your heart and teaching me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Thank you for sharing it. I need simple ideas like this for living the liturgy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I think we will do this as well! I also loved seeing your Christmas in Noisy Village book, I had long forgotten that one! Happy Feast Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology, when used the right way, is truly an amazing thing! It's so awesome when we can learn from one another…keeping the same goal in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your family loves this tradition as much as we do! Last night was bit different for us as it was a warmish night in FL vs. the snow of MI but we loved it and had a great time. Also, many of the subdivisions around us are gated which makes it hard to see the lights! We went through a drive through light show and the kids loved it. Continued Advent blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails