Friday, December 27, 2013

Holding 2013 Close to My Heart

Have you ever been the hostess of a party and afterward, once all the guests had gone their separate ways, you wished you had spent more time talking with this one or that one?

In a way, that is how I feel with 2013.

Oh my gosh, what a year it was!   Wanting to squeeze the memories of 2013 closer to my heart, I sat down and put this post together.  

January 2013

We celebrated a Winter-ONE-derland with Miss C….



February 2013

February brought Ester's horse riding lessons (a Christmas present),  our first garden (Square Foot Gardening), and the start of Lent.



March 2013

My birthday at my favorite Mexican restaurant...


Ester turned 12,  and it was her year to have a big birthday party …


New yellow belts in Tae Kwon Do,  "Swimmer of the Month", and  a field trip to Mammoth Caves in Waco, TX…


As well as a field trip to the Dallas Arboretum

March ended with a glorious Easter



April 2013

I took Stan and Mabel on a field trip to San Antonio  to see The Alamo and the Spanish Missions.  I was also able to visit my sweet friend, Tiffany



May 2013

Camping trip to Galveston Island was one of our highlights for the month of May…


(Our camp site :)


Sally was confirmed on Pentecost Sunday…




and then celebrated her 8th grade graduation on May 31…



June 2013

Graduation trip to Washing D.C. (for Sally and myself), horse camp for Ester and Mabel, and SHINE Catholic work camp for Sally (in Memphis, TN)…




July 2013

 Fourth of July,  swimming lessons for Stan,  our 18th wedding anniversary,  and new orange belts in Tae Kwon Do…




August 2013

I took a real quick trip to Illinois to visit my mom before her scheduled back surgery.  Shortly after that visit, her surgery had been rescheduled to the end of September.  



September 2013

We were able to meet In Real Life, Carol and her amazing family (and they made us feel like family!),  we took a one week cruise to the Eastern  Caribbean, and celebrated Mabel turning 10 years old.  Two days after coming back from our trip, little Miss Clementine ended up being hospitalized with intussusepcion, and the swimming meets started back up for Sally.



October 2013

Home School Days at the Fort Worth Zoo, Stan turned 8 (and had his big birthday party this year)…




Ending with some fun costumes for All Hallows' Eve



November 2013

A field trip to the Dallas Symphony, a sweet friend's wedding, and David's birthday



December 2013

Celebrating the feast of St. Nick with family and friends...




and celebrating the Christ child's birth!


As I finish, the words "abundant blessings" come to mind as well as this quote I have recently read ::


"Let us remain close to the crib, the source of all beauty, joy, and holiness. Let our hearts be molded and transformed by the pure hands of the divine child. . .Let us love Jesus, so good and so giving, and let us express our love for each other in him." ~ Servant of God Elisabeth Leseur


Merry Christmas!

~  Patty  ~

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful recap of your entire year! I love all the pictures and reliving a little bit of what your sweet family has experienced and accomplished. Thanks always for sharing your lovely life with all of us. It is truly an inspiration. Best wishes for the upcoming New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an incredible year!! Thank you for sharing the recap of the year. It was delightful to see. You have inspired me to do one too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This helped me not only to relive it through pictures and memories, but appreciate it all the more so, the good and the difficult.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! What a wonderful, blessed year for you all! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was fun reliving the most of the moments. I do not think 2014 will be as busy.

      Delete
  4. What a year! I thoroughly enjoyed the recap and reliving so many posts with you. And, don't forget that 2013 was the year you grew your hair out :) You are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks for you kind words, Sarah! I want my hair to look like yours! You don't look a day older than 25!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I truly enjoyed your recap and hope to do one of these next year - when I actually have a full year of blogging to post!
    I have so enjoyed getting to 'know' you these last few months and look forward to spending 2014 getting to know you even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was wonderful. What a year you've had. I hope the New Year brings you many more abundant graces. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen. Same to you. I'm actually hoping for a quieter 2014!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely treat - thank you for sharing. I hope 2014 brings smile after smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this, you did a super job recapping!

    Your hair is growing so long, you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning- so many beautiful moments to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of those moments. Looking back, I can certainly see what months were our busiest.

      Delete
  10. LOVE this idea! Wonderful photos, beautiful Mama and family... abundant blessings, indeed:) Your April highlight was also one of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys really did have a wonderful 2013! Perhaps 2014 will include a trip to FL??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails