Monday, December 30, 2013

Daybook Post - Sixth Day of Christmas 2013

Outside My Window

The sun is starting to rise.   We are suppose to have blue skies and sunshine today :)


I Am Thankful For

Healthy hearts!

Miss Ester had her cardiac check-up  December 27.  As expected, everything is in tip top shape.  She does not need to go back for another 5 years.  Praise God!



It has been over 12 years since her open heart surgery and she is doing so well.


I Am Thinking About

* My poor mother.  On Christmas day, she suffered a terrible accident and ended up severely burning her entire right arm and hand.  Her back is fine, thank God, but her arm and hand, they are terrible.

* An upcoming trip to the Kansas City area to visit my younger sister Jane and her family.  She recently moved there and is now the closest relative I have.  (Google has us at 8 hours away.)

* Downton Abbey.  (January 5 cannot get here quick enough!)

*  Living Liturgy feast day celebrations::

January 1 -  The Solemnity of Mary

January 4 -  The Feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton   (Our home school patron saint.)

January (5 ) 6 - The Epiphany  (The church will celebrate it on Sunday, Jan. 5, but we will celebrate it on its' traditional date, January 6.)

January 31 -  The Feast of St. John Bosco



From The School Room

El zippo!  I absolutely refuse to think about schooling while on a much deserved break.



From The Kitchen

New Year's Day Menu ::

Blueberry Muffins (for breakfast in honor of the Solemnity of Mary)

Beef Brisket  (Somehow, I lost my post and pictures…but trust me, the recipe is to die for!)

Cheesy Potatoes (Recipe found here.)



 David's Cole Slaw (Recipe found here.)



Corn Bread (Straight from the shelf at the grocery store :)



What I Am  (About to start)  Reading

I will be honest here, I need and long for a deeper relationship with Our Lady in Heaven and wanted to take this journey with my oldest two daughters at the same time.  We needed a book all three of us could read and discuss along the way.  I think this may be it.




I Am Praying For

My mother, that her burns may heal safely and as quickly as possible.

My father-in-law.

For all those who have asked me to pray for them or a special intention.

For peace and healing in 2014, and that it will be more inspiring in ways that people of  our country will turn toward God rather than away from Him.




I Am Listening To

Christmas music.  I cannot get enough :)


Around My House

* All things Christmas…we are still enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of the Christmas season!

* Hunters Safety Course at Cabela's.  Over the weekend, the older three girls and myself took the class.  (Yes, my girls enjoy hunting and fishing  :)

* New tires on my Sienna.   Ouch!  We had money budgeted, but it still hurts.  (My van is only 18 months old and 24,000 miles.)  Tire manufacturers only have  "car" tires for mini vans and since most  mini vans  are HEAVY, the tires wear quickly.  And you obviously cannot put truck tires on a mini van.


A Picture To Share



My little laundry helper.

She LOVES LOVES LOVES to help.  She sticks each sock to the edge of the couch…her way of "folding"…and is so proud of herself when she "helps" her mommy.

God bless these little ones!

Wishing you all a blessings in the New Year!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. I always cringe when we have to buy new tires, even when we've saved and prepared for the cost.
    I'm praying for your Mom, how awful. The worst pain of my life was a bad burn I received while pregnant with my daughter and unable to really control the pain. I am so sorry she is hurting and I pray it heals quickly.
    I'm going to look into the hunters class, we have a Gander Mtn. not Cabela's but they may offer them. All of my older children took a wonderful class in Virginia provided by the County Extension Office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can find Hunter Safety Classes at Gander Mt. The state of TX Parks and Wildlife puts them on for $15. The teachers are certified through the state and use the conference rooms at these outfitters like Gander Mt and Cabela's and Bass Pro.

      Delete
  2. I love getting glimpses of your beautiful life. Hooray for Ester! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patty, I'm SO sorry about your poor mother…and just after having back surgery. I will definitely include her and your father in law in my prayers. I am inspired always by your consistent faith and the quiet, humble beautiful way you guide your sweet family. I hope the upcoming New Year will be a wonderful one for all of you. And I look forward to lots more bloggy interaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts! They're so fun. So sorry to hear about your mom's accident. How painful that must be. I will pray for her.
    Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy Daybook posts, maybe because I used to enjoy writing them too :) I am still praying for your mama and hope for a speedy recovery. Poor lady. I will have to check that book out. I love the title!
    Your menu sounds yummy...I'll be right over later on! My menu has zilch on it. Nada. I really better get thinking about something special to whip up to start the New Year.

    Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having fun catching up here at your blog…I really love your Daybook posts:) Ohhhhh, the special graces you will receive as you draw closer to Our Lady. True Devotion to Mary is still my favorite (though might be difficult for teens) but I know there are so many good ones! God bless your little helper. Having my littlest one help me was a great way to keep her busy hands useful. *wink* I predict she'll be your best helper yet. (At least that's my experience)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails