Monday, December 2, 2013

Daybook Post ~ First Week of Advent December 2, 2013

Outside My Window

Back to our "normal" weather.  Will get into the low 70's again…for a few days.  The maple tree in our front yard is about half way through turning to a brilliant, ruby red.   It's a magnificent tree to look at from the children's bedroom windows upstairs.  Reminds me of a scene from a child's book.


I Am Thankful For

The 2013 Magnificat Advent Companion eBook - $0.99!  On Amazon, here.




I Am Thinking About

These words from the Magnificat Advent Companion, "The challenge of Advent is this - for us to live in such a way that others will believe they do not have to wait for Christmas.  He is already here."
   ~ Monsignor Gregory E. S. Malovetz


A friend who passed away abruptly from brain cancer.  His wake is this evening and funeral mass tomorrow.  We will miss his gentle, kind heart and contagious smile.  My heart aches for his folks.  He was only 47… parents are not suppose to bury children.



From The School Room

Back in the saddle today.  The break was wonderful.  Not really wanting to school again, I keep thinking two weeks to go and we will have completed the semester!  I can do this.

We are looking forward to celebrating the feast of St. Nicholas this week  as a family AND with our home school group.



From The Kitchen

Pizza and salad for dinner tonight.  Mondays are our busiest days of the week.  Between schooling, swim team practice, and Tae Kwon Do, we only have time for something quick.



What I Am Reading

Magnificat Advent Companion.

I am also  reading and gathering material on Advent and the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy for my Confirmation class this Wednesday.

I found this fun and engaging game of Advent Bingo at Loyola Press that I plan to use on Wednesday evening.


I Am Praying For

The repose of the soul of our friend, Chris, and for God to surround his family through the prayers and love of others.



I Am Listening To

Miss Clementine singing "A, B, C, E, G, G…"

She loves to "sing" and "read" out loud these days.  Precious age!



Around The House (in words and pictures.)

Christmas pageant practice started yesterday.  Mabel was chosen to play the role of Mary, Ester will be playing the role of King Herod's wife, and Sally signed up to be a tech person.  They are pretty excited!

Leaves!  Well, just enough for a little person in our house :)






A Picture To Share



Glad we saved Stan's old kitchen.  We brought it down from the attic yesterday, and she just loves it!

Advent blessings!

~  Patty ~

6 comments:

  1. Your daybook post is lovely!!! I enjoyed reading all the different things going on during this oh so busy time of year! And those pictures…of Clementine…playing with Stan's kitchen…"helping" to rake leaves…so very precious!!! I might have to check out that little ebook…I love the Magnificat publication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh…and 70s sound so very nice, although we are to hit 60 today and mid-60s tomorrow…before the 20s arrive on Wednesday. Brrrr….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!!!! The Santa dress....
    Love! Simply love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! I'm using my Magnificat too. I love it! And I hope that we will see some fun photos of the Christmas pageant at some point?
    I just adore play kitchens. I am getting some play food for my granddaughter for Christmas. She has a little kitchen kind of like yours, and it's time to bump it up a notch.
    Back to school is not always fun for the teachers either, right? But I know you'll make it fun.
    Bless you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our kitchen always got tons of play - it's a great investment. I love the Santa dress too!! The leaves! Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little family is so beautiful. I love hearing about your little Clementine and seeing her adorable pictures. And I LOVE that quote from your Advent Magnificat. Thank you for sharing that. Hope you're having a great week. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails