Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Traditions - Ornaments Edition

I can't recall ever meeting a woman who doesn't have a weakness for beautiful Christmas ornaments.

My love for them started when I was in college, working at Bergner's department store over Christmas break, and dreaming of the day I would have my own place and my own tree!  When the Christmas ornaments went on clearance after Christmas, I purchased a few with my employee's discount, placing them in my hope chest.

These days, I purchase an ornament wherever we travel to.  Like many of you, unwrapping each one brings back a flood of happy memories :)

This year's selection …



From left to right ::

Mission Concepcion - I purchased this when I took Mabel & Stan down for a field trip to the Spanish Missions in San Antonio last April.

Camper - It reminds me of the tear drop camper my husband built - by hand - from scratch!  We took a camping trip down to Galveston Island in early May.

Red Ruby Slipper - I picked this pretty one up at the Museum of American History when Sally and I went to Washington D.C. for her 8th grade graduation trip last June.

Santa - This pretty shell ornament was picked up on our family cruise we took in September.

My own children share the same love for beautiful and meaningful ornaments especially since they find one in their Christmas stockings on Christmas morning.  Their wedding dowries will consist only of a huge case of Christmas ornaments!  Ha ha!

Wishing you happiness on your own trip down memory lane :)

Advent blessings!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. Love your new ornaments, Patty...
    I love looking at mine too.
    Some of my favorites are from my teaching days... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo - yes, I have some teaching days ornaments that I'm so fond of. And it seems "just like yesterday" that I received them. I'm sure you feel the same, but I can picture the faces of the children who gave them to me ;) My own children look at them as though they are "ancient"! Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. I'm a sucker for a cute Christmas ornament too. I think my favorite are the ones that we brought back from our adoption adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started buying ornaments during vacations, too, but couldn't find one in Germany! I guess they don't put them out until the Markets. I took out the one from The Keys that I had forgotten about! It was a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails