Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Traditions - Christmas Baking Edition

My love for baking was a gift from my Slovenian mother.  On a daily basis during Advent season, we would walk in the door after school to find an assortment of scrumptious-looking cookies lying all over the kitchen counter cooling.   (My childhood home always smelled scrumptious!)

When the week of Christmas arrived, my brothers and sisters and I would bundle ourselves up and deliver plates of Christmas cookies to all the elderly neighbors on the street.  They LOVED my mother's baking, too :)

Over the years I have discovered my own personal favorites to bake …

Italian Christmas Cookies  *The moistest cookies I have ever tried!* (recipe here)



Pineapple Upside-Down Gingerbread  (recipe here)




Chocolate Mint-layered Bars  (recipe here)



Peanut Butter Blossoms (recipe here)



Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies (recipe here)



Chocolate Crinkles (recipe here)



Turtle Candy (recipe here)



Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsel Cookies (recipe here)




Cut-out Cookies *The BEST recipe I have ever tasted!*  (recipe here)




Swirled Candy Cane Cupcakes (recipe here)



These can be found by clicking on my Holiday Baking tab at the top of the page :)

Advent blessings!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Patty + Recipes = LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can you feel my excitement through the screen?!
    Thank you, my dear sweet far away friend.
    If you were my neighbor, I would invite myself over with my kids to bake and bake and bake.
    And eat and eat and eat.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have a GRAND time, wouldn't we? :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, I want to come and bake with both of you!!:)

      Those turtle treats look super easy and are something my husband would love, so I will have to make some of those!!

      Delete
  2. Okay so I impulsively bought a bag of those mint and chocolate chips and then didn't know what to make with them as I don't like chocolate cookies, and that was the recipe on the back. You have just saved me with that recipe up there...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the bars and the cookie recipes yummy! You and your family will certainly enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Holy cow!! Wow, you've been busy! I pinned a few--is that OK? I can't wait to try those first ones the moistest ones you've ever tasted!

    those chocolate krinkles...the mint bars....

    Wow, what a fun memory you shared with us of your mom and what your home was like at Christmas time.

    SO, how do you do it? Do you bake every day, certain days or all in one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin away! These are definitely blog worthy recipes. They are ones that I've baked over the years. I always make the upside-down gingerbread the first Sunday of Advent. The family enjoys it. That's all I've baked so far. We will kick it into gear this weekend though! I bake a couple of kinds each week. The girls love to bake so they are huge helps.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails