Saturday, November 30, 2013

Praline Sweet Potatoes

Oh, my goodness gracious!  When I read the recipe calling for heavy cream, I knew we had a winner, and another blog-worthy recipe.



Praline Sweet Potatoes


This turned my sweet potato haters into lovers…on the the first bite!

Ingredients:

2 cups mashed sweet potatoes**
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 ounces butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

I scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a smaller amount (6) than the original found here.

1.  Butter 8x8 baking dish.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
2.  In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and cream.  Blend well, and spread evenly in casserole dish.
3.  Prepare the topping by combining the butter, (I melted it), brown sugar, flour, and pecans.  Mix together and sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
4.  Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.

**I use fresh sweet potatoes only.  Cube sweet potatoes and boil until you can poke with fork easily.  Drain water and cool the potatoes before peeling the skins off.  Two large sweet potatoes yielded 2 cups of mashed potatoes.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Patty....thank you!!!!
    Always wanted to make sweet potatoes for my Madison...
    But never knew where to start!
    Printing this at once...
    As always...thanks, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll like it! My kids asked if they could have it again before Christmas dinner :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails