Friday, September 27, 2013

Smash That Snooze Button!

Said a priest in a homily.

Smash it hard...jump to your feet shouting, "All for the greater honor and glory  of God!"

David was more than willing to share that tid bit with me when I sunk down deep into my bed last weekend, turning to set the alarm, complaining about how the morning would make its' appearance too soon.

But you know what?  I did it.  Well, not the smashing part, but I turned off the alarm and rose quickly the next morning with a quick prayer of thanksgiving.

I did the same thing two mornings in a row.

And by the third morning, I was moving a bit slower.

The fourth?  Well, I growled and David laughed.

~  Strange Bed Fellows  ~

Last Sunday, heading to bed, I had a visitor.

This type of visitor ::

(Picture from the Internet.)

Mr. Gecko was on the wall RIGHT next to my side of the headboard.

Have I ever mentioned I sleep walk??  

David and the girls caught Mr. Gecko and released him back outside.

That's the first  (and prayerfully the LAST) one I ever seen in my house.

~  Thor  ~

Whenever Miss Clementine sees this cup ...



... she says, "Da Da!"   (insert cat woman-like purr)  Ha ha ha!

Have a blessed weekend, y'all!

Remember to "Smash that snooze button!"

~  Patty  ~


2 comments:

  1. Emily posted over at Suscipio about getting straight out of bed each morning. She called it the Heroic Minute..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! I am a serial snooze button killer, I admit it. I do usually stop at three times. Mornings are really hard for me... I think the gecko would work better! AAHHHHHHHHH!!! That would FREAK ME OUT!

    But seriously? I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
    Happy Sunday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails