Sunday, September 1, 2013

Packing Up


Okay.  So the anal person that I am was starting to stress this summer about how and when I would pack this tribe for our Texas-sized vacation.

If I packed  more than a week ahead of time, we'd be running around butt-naked till the trip.

Grr-oss.

And I really wanted to get it done prior to the start of our homeschool year (seven weeks ago).

My solution ::

Lay out everyone's clothes and take a pictures.  Then put the clothes back until it is time to pack.


(Stan the man's dinner clothes - one week's worth - because he cannot leave the table without having dripped something on himself!  Ha ha.)


The pictures are saved on my computer desktop.  Everyone, (except for the two youngest), can pull up the photos and pack their suitcases accordingly, a few days before we leave.

Badda-bing.

My stress factor lowered considerably when we did this photo shoot.  Ha ha!

Bonus ::  When I "thought" someone needed an extra pair of shorts or another top, I was able to see that those were not needs after all, but only "wants".   It saved me $$ in the long run.  Hubby likey  (*wink*)!



~  Patty  ~


11 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea! Will steal next time we do a big trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea!! Especially the part about the older kids packing for themselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I shall steal this idea from you at once! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! I have never heard of this kind of packing with pictures, but I love it! Did you come up with that yourself, or did you read it somewhere? I learn so much on these blogs, it's fun!

    Happy Labor Day!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil! Happy Labor day to you! I came up with the idea on my own, but that is not to say someone else had never done it before :) I take pictures of lots of things and save them on my phone...i.e. a particular bike inner tube size I need to pick up, or even my grocery list some times. It's a quick reference when shopping. I think that's what naturally lead me to do the pre-packing this way. :)

      Delete
  5. You are amazing! I would never have thought to do that, but what a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cleaver idea. I won't tell Scott though since he'd for sure like your packing plan better. I just buy new clothes for vacations and pack them way ahead. Pretty bad for the budget, I know. Your idea? Waaaay better for the budget! :) Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so smart (not condescending, purely inspiring!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be stressing about it too so GREAT idea! It's going to be a wonderful time, so happy for you:) Pinned that recipe too...I think my fam will love! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails