Monday, September 16, 2013

Meeting "Bloggy" Friends IRL

IRL = In Real Life

It was as though we were "old" friends who hadn't seen each other in years.

"Old" friends as in - you are part of the family - old friends.


My family had the awesome privilege to meet Carol & Jim K.'s family, my "bloggy" friend who  blogs so eloquently over at  GI Kids.

You should stop on over at her neck of the woods and get to know her if you don't already.  She writes about life and faith and trying times, always putting into words what I have a hard time trying to say myself.


They were such gracious hosts.

We feasted.

The kiddos swam.

The men sat over an ice cold beer and got to know one another.

And Carol and I visited as all moms do....in an interrupted, barely able to finish a sentence, kind of way.

The K. family lives outside of Houston, which made for a perfect opportunity to meet them in real life, as we headed toward Galveston for our cruise.

The cruise.

Oh!  My!  Word!

Amazing doesn't begin to describe it.

I'm working my way out of a mountain of laundry, but I thought I'd give you a quick peak into our trip.


Port of Call - Key West, FL


The view from our two cabins.  (We booked adjoining rooms on deck 9, with balconies.)

Some of us went para sailing.  LOVED it!




Port of Call - Freeport, Bahamas



Miss Mabel celebrated her birthday hanging out with a bunch of cute dolphins!    It was her birthday present from her dad and I.

Port of Call - Nassau, Bahamas


Quaint island homes and buildings awash in pastel, sherbet colors.  Simply gorgeous!

Days at Sea

We had a super-duper playground to hang out on.





This particular ship, Carnival Magic, holds the world's first-ever ropes course at sea!  It was SO HIGH up, yet SO FUN!


More to come....

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. Nice blog, i will come back soon. visit me back please

    ReplyDelete
  2. praise GOD for IRL opportunities and blessed time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your IRL encounter! It's always a joy to make new friends that God brought together:) Your cruise looks like a blast! So happy for you and your crew:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Patty! What a fabulous vacation! Your children will have great memories of time together on your cruise. I've missed stopping by and enjoying your lovely blog. Peace and blessings to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by again. I've been thinking about you as I prepare for the Confirmation class I will begin teaching this week! Keep me in your prayers, please :)

      Delete
  5. How fun! Meeting a bloggy friend in real life...awesome!

    And the cruise! Oh Patty...what wonderful memories you made!

    Finish that laundry up, friend...and have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My washing machine acted up this morning. Trying to be positive...at least I had the majority of the laundry done. Man is coming today to look at it. It's only 6 years old.

      Delete
  6. So fun to meet the Reasons For Chocolate clan! Your cruise looks like it was a great success! Is that you on the ropes course?? Impressive! And I LOVE the dolphin picture....A will be jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is that!!! You all look like you had so much fun! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails