Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Meatless Fridays - Easy, Cheesy Tortellini Bake


Yum!  Yum!

This was a home run in our house!

Ingredients ::

2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini
1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 of 1(10 oz) box frozen, chopped, spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.  *I forgot to thaw it, so I  cooked it "frozen" following the direction on box.
 1 TBSP dried Italian seasoning
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning


Directions ::

1.  Cook frozen spinach according to directions on box.  (I only used 1/2 the 10 ounce box originally called for.)

2.  Cook pasta according to directions.

3.  Adjust oven rack to highest level.  Turn on oven to Broil.  Generously butter or grease an 13" x 9"  baking dish.

4.  Bring marinara and Alfredo sauces along with spinach and  1 TBSP of Italian seasoning to a simmer over medium-high heat.  Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.  Stir cooked tortellini into sauce, then our into prepared baking dish.  Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 tsp Italian seasoning.

5.  Broil for a minute or two until cheese has melted and turned golden brown.


Prep Time:  15 minutes
Cook Time:  15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Servings: 8


I originally found this on All recipes  here.  Tweaked it just a bit.

It really is super easy!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. I love this one Patty! Thank you... I am printing it out now!

    Keep 'em coming, friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We're trying this tomorrow for sure. It'll just be meatless Thursday at our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum,yum for sure. I'm pinning this one too! I've just started Meatless Fridays at our house and I pinned your other recipes to get us started. Keep those good recipes coming--they are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! This looks amazing, and I know that my daughter will appreciate it too. Both she and her husband work, and this would be an easy and filling dinner for them!

    Blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious!!! I'm in need of of some simple yet hearty dishes. This looks like it should fit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails