Monday, August 26, 2013

Prayer Request

I had a completely different one written up and was ready to post when my mother phoned me around lunchtime.


She was scheduled for a very serious back surgery in less than 48 hours when she received a phone call from the surgeon's nurse.  Due to two emergency back surgeries, she was being bumped from the schedule and had her date pushed back one month.

This was shocking and frustrating especially since she was physically, mentally, and spiritually ready.

I saved part of my original post explaining her back condition.

************************

There are two issues being addressed.

The first, the "smaller" issue of the two, will be to have a shim placed into her lower spine.  This article was the best I could find that explained her condition in layman's terms.

The second, more serious of the two, will be to have a rod inserted in her back in order to aid her and her ongoing battle of spinal stenosis.  This page can explain it more, but if you saw my mother or spoke with her, you would know just how debilitating this condition is.

My mother works in hospital gift shop, loves to garden and watch her humming birds.  Up to a year ago, she could still travel.


The other treatments she's received over the years took the edge off,  but nothing actually stops the worsening of this condition.  For the past 9 months, her active life as she knew it has coming to a stop.  Very depressing for anyone.

Surgery is the last step to resolve this issue.

The surgeon said after her full recovery, she will be able to walk a mile without a cane.  That sounds miraculous to us!!

******************

Another monkey wrench -  David and I have a non-refundable  family vacation planned between now and then.  Oh, our trip is insured, but this situation isn't covered.  I would hate to be over-seas if she could get an earlier surgery date.

Terribly, terribly frustrating.

Please lift her up in prayer!!

~  Patty  ~




9 comments:

  1. Oh Patty, praying for you right now, tonight, and tomorrow. For you, your Mom and your family. That sure is a lot of stress coming your way. Worry about your Mom, all the while doing what you do every day and then the trip. Praying that it more than "all works out." Praying your feel His peace during this time, tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty...so sorry about this! Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as your mother, during this stressful time. So much going on...please take one thing at a time, dear friend...and take care of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and prayers, Patty! I'm so sorry...nobody needs this kind of stress right now. Lean on us when you need to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating. I will lift you all up in prayer. I hope everything works out quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been praying since I saw your FB post, Patty! That is all so frustrating and disappointing for your Mom to have to wait so much longer:( May this Cross of hers bear much fruit on her "grace" vine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for your mom...

    On a positive note, loved seeing your "home", beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Patty. I'm so sorry for the worry and concern you're feeling right now. What a wonderful daughter you are. I am going to the Temple this week and will add her name to our prayer rolls. Hopefully if we pool all of our praying efforts, she will have everything she needs and her surgery won't coincide with your travel plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails