Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Meatless Fridays - Cheese Tortellini & Sauce

This is an easy and delicious one.


Cook up some cheese tortellini (found in your supermarket freezer section), add some sauce (any kind, cheesy or tomato based), serve with garlic bread and a side salad.

My husband brought home a two packages  of these the other day (from Walmart)  ::


(Once upon a time....my deceased,  Slovenian,  maternal grandmother use to make those by hand. )

Our family always goes through two packages in one setting.

There are so many brands out there.

And a favorite sauce of ours?



It is to die for!

I have only found it at Target ($3.59 worth of smooth and creamy goodness.)

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Love this one, Patty...we do the same but with cheese ravioli. I am going to add this to my rotation!

    As for sauce...I haven't seen that yet, but I do find the inexpensive Hunts in a can to be good! Or maybe I am just telling myself it is because I can get it for a dollar a can! ; )

    Have a great week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks similar to a ravioli dish that I make: boil mini ravioli, then mix some ground mild italian sausage (that's been browned), Italian cheese, and vodka sauce. Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing out loud at Billie Jo's comment...and Life in a Small Town just gave us an awesome recipe for any other night of the week! Made the beans and rice last Friday and looks like I'll be making cheese tortellnis this Friday! LOL CONGRATS on your volunteer gig...you are going to be AWESOME!!! I still remember your disappointment and frustration over your daughter's own Confirmation/Retreat weekend. You are going to be so a gift to that CCD program. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails