Thursday, August 29, 2013

Homeschool "Student" Photos

People are shocked when I tell them that homeschool students have yearly pics taken.

"Really??"

Ummm...really.

In the past, I've taken student photos for our homeschool group.   I'm thinking about doing the same next spring...

At any rate, what do you do with your yearly photos?  Frame them?  Scrap book them?

I do both.  The scrapbook is for them.  BUT!  They don't get the scrapbook until they're on their own and will appreciate them more fully.

That's the plan at least.

And plans always look better on paper.

I embarrassingly admit, I am always a year behind, and my creativity is limited.  I just make do with paper and embellishments that are already pre packed.

I know I'm not the only one, right??

Last Saturday, I spent the afternoon catching up on half of last year's photos.


I just need to add their names and ages to the pages.


Last August, we went on a three day camping trip to Palo Duro Canyon, TX.  Oh my word!  It was gorgeous.


A perfectly natural setting (and unique to boot!) for the kids' school photos.

No!  We didn't drive 8 hours to take school photos.  You crazy, girl!

But you do have to admit, God's handiwork makes for the best, photo back drop.



I insert "special occasions" every now and then ::


Then there's the baby.

Oh gosh.

I haven't even started a scrapbook for her, and she's almost 19 months old!!

I have so many photos that need to be documented.

David snapped a handful of mommy/daughter photos of us last Friday evening.


I've done this with all my kiddos (when they were much smaller though.)  Thought I'd better get these done before she was too big to call  "baby".

What's a few more pictures behind at this point?   Geesh!  I hope I get a scrapbook started, let alone caught up, by the time she turns two!

At any rate...looking back at the kids' photos is a reminder of how quickly the time is passing us by.  Not liking that.  One bit.

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. Oh my Patty! You are gorgeous! Those pictures of you and your sweetheart!! Beautiful!

    And I do the same...scrapbooks and I am always behind! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Patty! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, what are 27? Seriously awesome photos of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks, Tara! :) I'm 44 (and almost 1/2) LOL

      Delete
  4. Patty, you are so beautiful! And the pics of your kiddos...just beautiful. Way better than the standards school backdrop pictures...that I order every year. They go on top of my piano!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of you and Clementine are just gorgeous! I love the school photos- and the back drop. Stunning as well. I'm waaaay behind on photos too. Mostly mine sit in folders on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these "school pictures" and your children are perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails