Thursday, August 1, 2013

Clementine turned 18 months!

Oh my darlin' 


(Introduced to the time out "chair".  Doesn't seem to be phased by it anymore!)

Oh my darlin' 



(She knows just what to do with those ear buds!)


Oh my dar...lin', Clementine


(Learning to say "cheese"!)


You were lost and gone forever 





("Strut my stuff.")



("What are YOU looking at?  I'm gorgeous.")

Oh my darlin', Clementine.


(Notice the pig tails?)


(Locked.  Stocked.  And ready to rock...but it won't fire.  She'll figure it out soon enough.)


(Digging for gold.)


(I know she's outgrown it!  We just keep her "contained" during rosary time.  The kids say she is "kneeling"!  Ha ha!)

Thank you, dear Father in Heaven, for this amazing, beautiful bundle of joy!!

P.S.  -   My kids all have nick names on my blog.  Long, long ago, my father (who has since passed away from cancer) use to nick name each of my children when they were born.  Blame it on his Irish sense of humor.  With a twinkle in his eye, he'd call them each by their nick names, not their real names.

 When Clementine was born, it was BITTERSWEET.  There was no Poppy around to give her a nick name.  We definitely felt the empty space at that moment.  So Grammy did.  It came out of the blue when Grammy was here visiting and starting singing "My Darling Clementine" to her.



~  Patty  ~

15 comments:

  1. Happy 18 months! She's so adorable. And I just LOVE her name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Haunani! It is her nick name! LOL I just updated the post telling a quick story about the kids' nick names that my father had given them prior to his death. :)

      Delete
  2. Precious!! Do you think my 9 year old could still fit in our exersaucer?! He needs to be contained during bible time at night!! Ha! She is adorable - and I love all her little rompers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty...She. Is. The. Cutest. Ever! I smiled all through this post! Soooo much to love here! I can just imagine the fun you all have with her! God has blessed us both with sweet babies that add joy to our homes during this chapter of our lives. : )

    Love your idea for rosary time. You are so clever! And those pigtails = Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could she be any cuter? Love all of those pictures and her nickname.. and that song! 18 months is the best...such personality but still a baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara. I think my dad would be happy with the choice of nick name my mom picked for her ;)

      Delete
  5. What a sweetie! Happy 18 months and I love the kneeling...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is sooo cute and such a joy! My absolute favorite picture is the one of her learning to say cheese! :) Does it get any cuter than that???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that "cheese" picture, too. She has such an amazing personality. I think it helps that she is the youngest.

      Delete
  7. Awwwww, I love the story of her nick name....and I'll be singing that song all day now...She's a honey, that's for sure!

    Simeon is only a month older...I didn't realize they were so close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been blog reading through an app on my phone, so haven't commented as much, but I just love this post! What a sweet, sweet story about your dad, and of Clementine's nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's a darlin all right~! Teary story but Grandma to the rescue:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails