Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Action Central

My trip back "home" was crazy fast....covered 5 states in 48 hours....but was so important and full of laughter and good cheer.  I love my mom to the moon and back!  (*Remember prayer warriors, her surgery is August 28.)

I'm home now, and this is where my juggling act really gets interesting.

There's this ::


I'm teaching Confirmation to Eighth Grade, Second Year Confirmation students through the parish CCD program this year.  (Every Wednesday evening.)

I was discerning it since last spring.  

It went something along these lines...

Me ::  No way!

God ::  (Insert hardy laugh.)




There's this ::


Sally finished Physical Therapy and will be back in the "swim" of things starting August 26.   First meet is in less than one month!   

She has to get all of her studying in by 12:30pm in order to make practice all afternoon, 3-5 days a week depending on our schedule.




There's this ::


Planning a birthday party that's fit for the "King of the Wild Frontier".  (He's so stinkin' excited!)




There's this ::




Our first, HUGE family vacation in over 5 years!  We are so crazy excited!!  Check out that water park on top!

We booked this last spring and now eagerly await our sail date.


With that, I'm signing off.  Time for bed.

Nighty night!

~  Patty  ~

9 comments:

  1. Eeeeek!!! A cruise! Oh, Patty! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I don't know when you are going, but after reading this post, if it is anytime soon, you will be ready to find a spot, put your feet up, and relax with a tall, cold drink. All while your man supervises the kiddos in the pool, of course. ; )

    So happy for you all!
    Oh, and am marking down your mom's surgery date...prayers will be coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on a cruise in over 20 years!!! We went for our honeymoon. I was just looking at a girlfriend's cruise pics...they went with her parents for their 45th wedding anniversary. So excited for you. Yes, you have a lot on your plate. Thanks for the reminder of you mom's surgery date...I 'll be marking it down too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home safe! I will keep your mom in my prayers! We are going on our first "big" vacation in a long time this spring. My boys are already bouncing off the walls with excitement so I can imagine your family's excitement. A cruise sounds absolutely magical!! And I can't wait to see pics of that party. I wanna come! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely will keep your mom in my prayers! That is the day we found out we lost our baby Gus, so I will ask for his intercession for your mom!

    That party idea sounds AWESOME! It would have been perfect for Joe's party here in a few weeks, but we're having a dinosaur party instead!

    A cruise! That is awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can't wait to hear more about your cruise! We are going on our first EVER cruise next March and we're so excited. Have a great time. And congratulations on your Confirmation Teaching. Sounds like a wonderful way to magnify your testimony for those 8th graders.

    ...keeping your mom in my prayers...I kinda love being a "prayer warrior" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your family are going to LOVE the cruise! We went on one when I was in high school with our entire family for my grandparent's 50th anniversary, and it was so much fun and so special! I will pray for your mom's surgery!

    That's so great that you will be teaching confirmation - what a wonderful role model for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, so many exciting things going on over there! Love that wild frontier invite:) Prayers are in progress for your Mama, especially for the intercession of "Queen" Mama prayed tomorrow! Blessings to your swimmer as she jumps back in and to the new Confirmation teacher;-) Rod and I are teaching 6th grade, my first time! yikes. Wish I could stow away on your vacation...Oh, it's going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy mama! Wow! I'll keep those prayers coming, Patty. A cruise!? If I shed a couple more lbs maybe I could fit in a suitcase? Although with my taller frame I don't think it will work. :( I bet your family will have so much fun. And we all fully expect LOTS of photos. Ok?

    Sending prayers for your mom too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails