Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day 2013

I hope my American friends had a GREAT holiday!



And is it just me or does it seem once the Fourth of July passes, the rest of the summer goes by in a blink of an eye??

Geesh!



We started our morning at 8am Mass...LOVE!  LOVE!  LOVE!  patriotic music at Mass :)....and then noshed on some yummy, peach, french toast, breakfast casserole.


Recipe found here. Oh! My! Goodness!  This is so yummy!

Don't you just love fruit in the summer??

We hit the subdivision pool in the morning...hoping to beat the crowd.


I thought that swimsuit was so stinkin' cute...had to buy it as soon as I laid eyes on it.  I had found it for $12.95 at Gymboree!


She gets loved on - all the time!


And Miss Ester has so much patience with her :)  So sweet to watch.





We won't lose him in his neon gear!



She wishes she was a mermaid in another life!  :)



I think she'd make a cute one!  :)


Sally is allowed back into water to do basic strokes and flutter kicks.  She's receiving physical therapy on her knee...trying to rid the meniscus cartilage of fluid and a nasty Baker's cyst.

Fingers crossed, she'll be back on the swim team by mid-August.


I think this next one is so funny!  This is Ester's fun personality coming out :)


Dinner called for grillin' out and sweet corn (on the cob).

For dessert, I tried this...


Layered pound cake, home made whip cream, strawberries and blueberries.   Totally blog-worthy, folks!!


I posted the link here.  Instead of pudding, I substituted real whip cream!

Home Made Whip Cream ::


1 cup of heavy whipping cream
4 tbsp of powder sugar

Beat on high for 2-3 minutes until the cream stiffens and you can form peaks.

E.A.S.Y. and sweet!


Some of my family went over to our subdivision pool to watch the city's fireworks show.  It beat driving in the nasty, traffic, and we had the place "almost" to ourselves PLUS the pool's chaise lounges made it very relaxing  :)

A perfect ending to a great holiday.

Even though our Fourth of July holiday was close to perfect...nothing can beat the little fire cracker that arrived home for Lori and her family.  Stop by to see the beautiful pictures of her little love!

Ta ta for now!!

~  Patty  ~


2 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks like a perfect holiday! Clementine is looking so grown up and adorable. And I love Ester's personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a PERFECT day Patty! I love how your older ones love on your little...just like it is here...Miss Ester reminds me of my Peyton. And I LOVE your sweet lady's swim suit! LOVE! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails