Thursday, June 20, 2013

You Are My Sunshine


I've never seen a field of sunflowers, have you?

It was HUGE crop, and this shot only shows about 1/3 of the field.

I think they were all camera shy...they were all turned away...and BTW, the sun was behind me/them.  I thought they turned toward the sun??

******************

Sally update:

She phoned Tuesday evening at 10:15.

She  could not stop using the word "Awesome" :)

It did this mama's heart good to hear the happiness in her voice.  My residual anxiety oozed away and I slept great.  Thank you, Jesus!

Her job description:

She is assigned to a Catholic assisted living facility visiting with residents, prepare and serve them lunch, help cleans & paints whatever needs it.

She said the first day they spent 3 hours just visiting the elderly and it was "awesome" to hear all the "amazing" stories they had to tell.

Her daily schedule:

6:30-7:30am - Breakfast

8:00-9:00am - Mass   **I love that they are celebrating the Mass each day!!**

9:00am - 3:00pm - Work at sites

3:00pm-5:00pm - Free Time (showers)

5:00pm-6:00pm - Dinner

7:00pm-9:00pm - Evening Program

9:00pm-9:30pm - Prayer - they sing the Chaplet of Divine Mercy each evening.

9:30pm-10:00pm - Chapel (optional)

9:30-10:30pm - Free Time (showers)

11:00pm - Lights out


I'm so glad that she has had this amazing experience!!!

****************************

Our Coppertone Baby.


We purchased a water table for her.


She loves water!


She loves being outside!

She's inherited my tanning genes (thanks to my mother's Slovenian blood!).

*********************

Fresh from our garden...our first green bell peppers!



Hoping you have a wonderful Thursday!!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Camp sounds truly wonderful! I want to go ;) all the kiddos here love water, too! Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing camp experience for your daughter! I hope Mary and the boys can get an experience like that in the future! Garden veggies look delicious...we're huge pepper eaters (many varieties) in this house! Clementine...what a doll! Jealous...sure wish I had inherited some tanning genes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Patty...the camp experience sounds wonderful! Love that they celebrate Mass each day too...

    Thanks for the water table idea! I have never had one here...I am checking at Walmart this weekend...we have a heat wave rolling in next week...that would be perfect!

    And your peppers look delish! What are you planning for them? Love fresh veggies...I have a wonderful sweet man down the road here. We have a great thing going. I send him muffins and cookies, and he leaves fresh veggies on my porch all summer long! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it is "awesome"!!! Love your little coppertone baby. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those sunflowers...so beautiful! So glad your daughter is enjoying her experience! I bet it's hard for her to be away though! :) Love that sweet baby girl...adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails