Monday, June 24, 2013

Patriotic Mason Jar Luminaries



Patriotic luminaries....pretty by day....candle holders by night!

Totally easy.

Totally entertaining.  A craft that all four older kids did together...and that is hard to find these days!


We bought the needed supplies at Michael's, including the flags ($0.50 a piece).

It's all pretty self-explanatory.

Once the tissue paper is cut into squares, we used the mod podge as an adhesive.  The kids each made two, creating their own design.





We ended up with...


A Texan flag, American flag, and one that had USA...


...stripes and checker boards...


...and more stripes and checker boards :)

I think they'd make cute table centerpieces as well, don't you?

We found the project on Pinterest, here.

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. Super cute and patriotic Patty! We may have to try that too. How are you? How's your summer going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noreen! Summer is moving quickly, as expected. Camps for all the kids. But lying low otherwise and it feels GREAT!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo! Your kids would enjoy making them I bet!

      Delete
  3. I love these! I have one child that is a little obsessed with flags - she would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a pic if your little one does do it :)

      Delete
  4. This looks great! I'm looking for some crafty 4th of July projects and this one fits my kids perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh!!! I was so happy to hear from you. You must be so busy. I think your kids will enjoy the project. Hard to find a "one size fits all" project.

      Delete
  5. Well, aren't those cute and festive! You are all set for next week. Btw, I only yesterday realized 4th of July is next week. Which almost caused me to cry...it's going by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? And when I saw this on Pinterest the day before I kicked into do or die mode. Time is FLYING! We start back up July 22 with schooling. (End of July and August are too bloody hot to even go for a swim!!)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails