Monday, June 17, 2013

Campfire Cake


Sally made this really cool-looking, campfire cake for Father's Day yesterday!

We were looking on Pinterest for  (last minute but with love)  Father's Day gift ideas when I saw it here.

It's a basic chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  The "logs" are cream filled Pirouette's from Pepperidge Farm.

The "flame" is made out of candy.  



* 6 of each red cinnamon and yellow butterscotch hard candies.

*  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

*  Line a baking dish with tin foil and spray it with Pam.

*  Place unwrapped candy into a ziplock bag, seal it, and crush the candy (I used a hammer.)

*  Spread the  crushed candy onto the sprayed tin foil.


*  Bake for 8 minutes.  Let cool completely before handling.


*  When candy is cooled completely, pick it up and break it into pieces, trying to get a couple of large triangular pieces for the center of the "fire".


This is Stan the man's year for a big birthday party....I may be pushing him into a camping theme!

12 comments:

  1. OMGosh...how adorable is that???!!!! I might have to make this for our next camping trip. We usually tent camp, but once a year we rent a cabin with the "luxuries" (read sink, stove, oven!) LOL That would be so much fun. Your daughter did good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your camping sounds just like our camping! I heard the "luxury" theme of camping is now called "Gamping"! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is SO creative! Sally did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell her you said so. We thought the "world's greatest camper" would like it, too, on Father's Day. :)

      Delete
  3. Patty...that looks delicious! And beautiful! What a wonderful job your Sally did! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am going to make one for our summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. She'll be delighted to know your thoughts :)

      Delete
  5. So cute! I think Jamie ( Lord Make Me a Saint) recently did the same one and the campfire themed bday. Pretty nest stuff she found on pinterest too. I bet Sam would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went over to wish her little one happy birthday!! I missed that post...it was graduation day here and Washington D.C. trip weekend. Guess I had some "stuff" going on and it became part of my 90+ blogs I didn't read! I'm hoping Stan doesn't pick Ninjago AGAIN for his theme.

      Delete
  6. Love it Patty! You followed the directions on that candy though...I didn't and put the candy in whole...it took fooooorever to melt! Should have followed the directions and crushed the dang candy!

    I love your yellow bench and bright pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails