Monday, March 11, 2013

Black Bottom Cupcakes



Black Bottom Cupcakes



(Unfrosted version )


(Just waiting to be frosted and devoured!)

Filling*


8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 c sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips

In a small mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt together.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Set filling aside.

Batter**

sift together::

1 1/2 c flour
1 c sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


add ::

1 c water
1/3 c oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat together until well mixed.  Fill paper cups 1/2 to 2/3 full.  Top each with 1 heaping tsp of cheese filling mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.

Note:  The batter only yields about 15 cupcakes so you can double batter or cut filling in half.

*The filling yields a lot!  You can divide it in half and still have plenty for 24 cupcakes.

** For my daughter's  horse party, I cheated and used a box of chocolate cake mix.  Make sure you bake according to box instructions.  Where they weren't the "same" as the homemade batter, they still tasted good and I was able to get 24 cupcakes out of the mix.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

11 comments:

  1. Patty...they sound delicious! Thank you for sharing...they will be perfect here. I have 2 that always scrape off the frosting on any cupcake!! Happy Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, they do done yummy! Nice contrast of dark and light brown. Or does the filling look more white from the cream cheese with a smattering of brown chips? At first glance of your recipe, I assumed the chips were melted but they are left intact, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noreen,

      I just put a pic of one up. The cream cheese stays white, but the chocolate chips sink to the bottom, retaining their chip shape.

      Delete
  3. Yum! These sound so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put a picture of the cupcake insides up :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are nothing less than divine :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my!! I was going to shut down the computer (doing some midnight catch up on blog reading) when I saw a picture of that cupcake in my feed and had to take a peek. Oh yes, I will be making these. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention that I gave up desserts/sweets for Lent??? These look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails