Sunday, February 3, 2013

Painted Nursery Mirror

After I made Sally's mirror for her birthday, I set her old one aside since I had "plans" for it to go in the nursery.

This past weekend the weather was gorgeous so I headed outdoors to paint the old one.


(Please ignore the bird poop on the bench!)


Because of the shape of the mirror, I could only use 1" sections of tape when taping off the edge.  The taping took longer than the painting.



I love this paint!  I've used it on a couple of projects now and it works well with plastic, (which is what the mirror frame is made out of).  Around $3.50 a can.  (I used maybe half of one can.)




When it was dry to the touch, (about 15 minutes or so), I gave it a second coat just in case I couldn't see any  missed spots in the sunshine.

I let it sit overnight.

To hang it, I used an old, picture hanging trick that you may already know about.


Run one piece of masking tape across the back, making sure that you cover the hanging hooks.

Next, use a marker or pencil to make a dot on the tape, right in the middle of each hook.


Then, remove the piece of tape and place it on the wall where you want your frame to hang.


This makes it level every time.

Place your nail hook on the mark making sure that the hook part is on the mark, not the nail, as to keep the frame at the height you originally wanted.  Placing the nail on the mark will lower the frame at least 1".




Hello baby!  I see you!





And THAT is exactly why I hung it at baby height :)




~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. I need to remember that picture hanging tip! That's awesome! The mirror looks great, and I love the pictures of Clementine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that picture tip!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. The mirror came out great...I'm loving that French Lilac color. I'm considering lilac with a hint of lime green for the colors of Mary's 1st Communion Party. Look at all that hair that Clementine has...I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a beautiful color scheme for the First Communion celebration! I actually bought a can of "Eden" (fern green) for a second project I had painted over the weekend. Her room is certainly smelling like paint these days :)

      Delete
  3. Now that is cute. What a pretty color and I love the circular shape of the mirror--so eye catching. And it looks like Clementine loves it! How sweet.
    BTW, cute headband and darling in her hair. All grown up, that one year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely Patty! A soft lilac color is the perfect addition to your daughter's nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to hang it at baby height! It looks great and she is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a knack and gift for these type of projects. I love before and afters:) Baby height is genious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails