Thursday, February 7, 2013

EASY Spray Paint Projects

This old shelf wasn't needed in Stan's new bedroom.  So, I tucked it away thinking it, too, would go into the nursery.  Eventually.


(Hardware removed in the photo.)

Almost one year later, I finally figured out what to do with it.

I picked up a can of "Eden" at Home Depot for around $3.50.


I gave it two coats and let it sit a couple of days to dry.  (Actually, till my husband could get around to hanging it for me.)

The finished product ...


I kept the original hardware since they go with the hardware on her dresser.


While I was at it...

I had also saved a darling print that I first hung in the nursery 13 years ago when Sally was born.

I repainted the frame and then hung it over Clementine's table.



And here is a close up of the print titled This Little Piggy.



Isn't that the cutest little picture??

Okay.  So I think I'm done with her room for now.  At least until the crib comes down, and that won't be for quite some time.

~  Patty  ~

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that print is the cutest!!!! Great job on the shelf! Such a cute room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That print is darling! I'm loving what you have on the toddler picnic table...is that some kinds of oil cloth tablecloth? Did you make that ? And it's on the seats too?!!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! The table, an old Little Tikes table, was painted and then covered with cloth and then vinyl. I put a link there and you can find the detailed project on my DIY page tab at the top.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen that print before. It's darling! We just moved Cupcake's crib out of our room into her room. Pray for us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, Clementine STILL wakes up. Goes back down after a small bottle. I'm hoping the winds of change will soon arrive. Cupcake has the same bed, so maybe that'll help? We will keep you in our prayers! I'm sure she will do great!

      Delete
  4. Patty, I am always inspired by you! And I love that print! So sweet it was in Sally's room all those years ago. How very special that you can hang it again, in another sweet little lady's room!

    I actually have some precious jammies that Madison wore years ago. When Flynn puts them on, it is like the years are erased...How blessed we are, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo. I actually just found about six outfits in her next size that the other girls wore. Sweet memories :)

      Delete
  5. The shelf is too cute and you are becoming quite handy with spray paint!! We'd have to clear off the snow to spray paint anything outside right now, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute...ALL of it. You've been a busy beaver:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are such delightful additions to little C's room. so resourceful of you, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shade of green is beautiful! It looks a lot like the soft plastic you get in schools now, a lovely addition to the room! I've been doing something similar with the plasti kote paint from UK Tool Centre (we're stuck with this brand in the UK) but it never gives me the right effect. I'm looking for the high gloss sheen but it doesn't take to pine like your rust-oleum seems too. Might have to indulge in some importing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails