Monday, February 18, 2013

Clementine's Baptism Birthday

Today marks ONE year that Miss Clementine was baptized!

We sang happy birthday to her with her baptism candle.  (No, we didn't let her hold it even though she really wanted to.)


I purchased this beautiful, hand painted peg doll (St. Cecilia) over at St. Luke's Brush on etsy.com.



The time that went into this hand painted peg doll is obvious when you can see the fine detail up close.

It is a little more than what I normally spend on a baptism birthday gift, but being child #5...we already have a TON of toddler religious books and rosaries!

She loves it!




(Whenever she hugs a doll close to her she says, "Ahhhhhh....."  so sweetly!)

I have been looking back at her photos of her beautiful baptism day with so much gratitude and joy,  remembering how sick I had been right before!   

*At my two week post-op check-up, I had been sent to the hospital being diagnosed with Post-partum Pre-Eclampsia.  Kind of rare since Pre-Eclampsia usually occurs while one is pregnant.  Also, extremely dangerous since you have no real symptoms (unlike regular pre-eclampsia).  Any  horrendous headaches you experience are dismissed as "stress",  therefore it receives the name, Silent Killer.

So, even though today is Monday, it is a GOOD day in our house.  Hope your week starts out with blessings as well!

~  Patty  ~

9 comments:

  1. Oh Patty...she is a love! The pictures of her holding her new doll...melt my heart! I clicked back to revisit your beautiful Baptism post and found myself smiling the whole way through. Those days are some of the most very special in our lives, don't you think? And reading about you and your husband preparing her for her special day was so very sweet. I could even smell the chrism oil...one of the best smells in the world! Enjoy your day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like such a GOOD day! How beautiful that you were able to reflect back and praise God for so many blessings. Those have GOT to be the sweetest photos ever...Loving her cute little patron saint:) Happy church Birthday to Clementine and all of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So absolutely adorable! I've seen the peg dolls and almost purchased them a few times...I'll have to file that away for my Esther's next birthday. I just don't think that I could ever make it turn out as beautiful as the one you got your little gal. Super cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deo gratias! prayers for your dear one. she is absolutely darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just reading this today, a day late. Happy Baptism day sweetie pie! Not even five minutes before reading this post, I had just announced here that today is Greta's Baptism day. Too funny.

    I hope your week continues to be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! First birth days and now baptism birthdays :)

      Delete
  6. She's getting so big! I nominated you for a blog award. You can check it out here.
    http://mountaingrace.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/first-blog-award-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful occasion to celebrate! She is just precious!!! So much to be thankful for....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails