Saturday, January 5, 2013

Preparing for the Kings' Arrival

Earlier in December, I came across this cookie plate on a shelf in Hobby Lobby.


(Please keep the owners of Hobby Lobby in your prayers as they fight for their religious freedom in a lawsuit AGAINST Obamacare.)

I knew it would be perfect for the Feast of the Epiphany!

We have some new books for the feast day as well.


We have checked out The Last Straw from the library in the past, but this year we own a copy.

We have never read The Visit of the Wise Men before.  Looking forward to this one as well!

An insight on the Church's teaching of the Epiphany can be found on  EWTN.

May you all have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Sunday enjoying the Feast of the Epiphany!

~ Patty  ~


7 comments:

  1. Blessed Epiphany feasting and beautiful plate...What a "find!" Our prayers are with that dear company and store that I LOVE. If I had more $$, I'd do my part to keep them in business! But since I don't, my prayers will have to suffice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plate for a beautiful day, Patty! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that plate! We had a friend in SC who had an "Epiphany Party"...good time, and a good way to close out the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those books look cute. I wish I had gotten my act together sooner than last night to decide to make plans. We will at least celebrate with a bundt cake (I will call it a crown and the kids will all be amazed...ha!) Throw a few gold chocolates around it and celebrate in style! Lol. It's the liturgical thought that counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job being so on the ball. I'll have my daughter make some sort of a "crown-ish" cake tomorrow for dessert. Wish I had the books and plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog and have enjoyed reading through some of your past posts. You have such a sweet family and I look forward to visiting you again soon.
    Love the beautiful plate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found out we have a Hobby Lobby not to terribly far from us. Praying that they are still there when we are able to make the drive. I love that plate!! And your books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails