Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tomato Cage Christmas Tree

My 11 year old daughter did the majority of this project on her own today.  That easy!   Take a look...

(Tomato cage purchased today at Lowe's for $2.50 each.  Recycled garland from previous years. Old planters...yes, they look worn, but they still work.)

Next, she added lights and ribbon.  (Left over lights from previous years.  Ribbon was left over from the snowflake wreath project.)


Aren't they pretty?!

To purchase these already made, you would spend over $60 each.  We spent a total of $5.00!  They look cute with the wicker candy canes lights we found at Michael's on sale this past week.


Yes.  Another Pinterest idea.  I'm really enjoying Pinterest for the money it is saving me this year!

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. This is great! I just showed it to Jacob, I think I'm giving him this project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She REALLY enjoyed it! I think Jacob will, too!

      Delete
  2. Those are fabulous!! I will have to check our W-mart for that Russian Nesting doll ornament, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let her know that she did a bang-up job! Looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I'm pinning this idea to my board and hopefully I can make it one day soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, so beautiful and so creative. Blessed Advent to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love 'em! I have the same project pinned and now I am eager to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are SO cute!:) My dad makes tomato cage tress with just lights for outside, but I love the idea of putting garland and ribbon around them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT idea! She did such a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS...What a beautiful re-purpose project and great idea! You are really tempting me with that Pinterest thingy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails