Thursday, December 6, 2012

Texas Bling

In honor of the feast of St. Nick...


Hoping all your feast day celebrations were joy-filled today!

St. Nick left signs of his visit...


Gold coins and a chocolate santa, books for the younger three, and new Christmas movies for the older two.

Titles from left to right ::  Homecoming (The original that kicked off The Walton's T.V. series), The House Without A Christmas Tree, Christmas Day in the Morning, The Miracle of Saint Nicholas, and Christmas Peek-a-boo!

We started the day with blueberry pancakes and fresh Cutie oranges.  The kids had some fun arts and crafts to work with, and then we had our traditional candy cane coffee cake snack.

But....this year, it didn't look as good.


So we quickly spun the platter around to call it something else...


St. Nick Stocking!  (It still tasted awesome!)  By the way, the recipe for this is posted at the top of the page under holiday recipes.

The hot cocoa?  Yup, they still wanted it even though it was in the low 70's.  


That little chocolate-coated peppermint stick you see in the picture above?  I buy a pack of these each year at Hobby Lobby...


They are so yummy and just add that special touch. 

One of the best parts of our St. Nick celebration each year is our day is a No School day.  Home schoolers usually don't get snow days or bad weather days.  So, we take what we can get!

Advent Blessings~

Patty  



11 comments:

  1. It all sounds and looks so wonderful! And your Little Lady is too cute! God Bless you all on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day for all of you, Patty! I am going to get that recipe now...I love it! And your liitle gal? Soooo sweet! : ) Have a nice weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.dear.preciousness, Clementine. Patty, where did you get that headband? Or did you make it? That is just too darn cute. The whole outfit is :)
    The feast of St. Nick is one of my favorites since we celebrated as kids. It's fun to have an added special day in Advent to celebrate, isn't it? No school too, I bet your kids like that as well.

    Happy Advent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. The headband came from zulily.com

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely St. Nicholas day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, look at that sweet little St. Nick helper:) We love that St. Nicholas book! Your movies sound neat, I'll have to put them on my list...I used to LOOOOVE the Walton's! Sounds like you had a great day. God bless your second week of Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, I just wanted to let you know that I went to W-Mart tonight and found the little Nesting Doll ornament. Thank you for telling me about it because I never would have looked for it if you had not told me. I love her. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm SO happy you found her!!! A beautiful addition to your tree especially with that fabulous lesson you are in the midst of.

      Delete
  7. So cute! I can't wait to have kids and have Saint Nick come! That was always my favorite as a child! I am going to have to look for those peppermint sticks - I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful movies and books! Wonderful pastry- candy cane or stocking, it looks delicious. And Clementine is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails