Sunday, December 30, 2012

Photo New Year's Project

Photos.

I LOVE my photos.  As my friend, Tiffany, said, "They are my only valuables." (Things not humans :)

I could not agree more!


A few years ago, I received a digital photo frame for Christmas.  (I was running out of space to put photo albums.)

Well, we have SO enjoyed looking at all the "current" photos on the frame that I decided to scan the previous years...upload to a USB thumb drive...and watch them on the digital frame as well.

To be quite honest,  I found myself getting upset when I found the old photo albums strewn around with pages ripped out or pictures missing.  Am I the only one who does that?

This solved that problem as well.

The further back I got in years, I realized that maybe, just maybe, my children would appreciate their own USB thumb drives, with all of these photos on them, when they are grown adults.

I must admit that this project is more off than on.  I usually start it back up this time every year. (My new year's project :)   I just now finished the year 1999.  That's a LOT of photos folks!

The first one is the only time-consuming one.  Now I just have to copy everything from one to another and so on until I have five USB thumb drives.  (I purchased my USB thumb drives - bulk - at Sam's Club.)

Definitely an act of love, but I'm pretty sure that they'll enjoy them when they are adults :)

Merry  Christmas!

Patty  

4 comments:

  1. I'm working on photo albums right now too...! So so behind! Best wishes with your project. Your children will appreciate your hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say it again...I love this idea, Patty! Every year I tell myself that I'll make Shutterfly albums with the past year's photos. I wait for the 50% off to come up and it seems like it always comes when I still don't have the extra $$! Argh. So the years keep passing and my most treasured possessions sit on the computer and wait. Thanks for the inspiration and a blessed New Year to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty...this is inspiration for me! I must,
    must get to my scrapbooks this January...I actually enjoy doing it, it is just once I get so far behind... well, you know! : ) Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so behind with photos! I used to do a scrapbook for each child with all sorts of family pics, Christmas etc. but finally realized it just wasn't going to be realistic to keep up with everyone. Now I just do a family album and put special things that they do in their albums. I'm still way behind, but I do love scrapbooking and they seem to appreciate the results. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails