Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Christmas blessings
from our family to yours!



_________________________________________________________________________

So in the midst of our week long travel up to Illinois last month, I had the hair brain idea to throw a family picture into the mix.

I brought my tri-pod and set the camera, just needing someone to snap the picture.

I begged them to be nice to their mom and just smile for the camera.

I  told them I didn't care if the shirts were tucked in or how they were standing...just smile, for Pete's sake...that's all I was asking for...a simple smile.

We were sleep deprived...Ester was very sick with some upper respiratory infection...Stan decided to slide on his knees in the wet grass on the way to the pasture...Mabel just finished crying after baby sister pulled out a chunk of hair.

But they smiled.

And I was happy.

One for the annual Christmas frames I put up each year.

Advent blessings!

Patty  

12 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful picture, Patty!! You all look great! Such a beautiful family! <3 Hope you have a blessed Christmas! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful picture of a beautiful family Patty! Have a blessed Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie Jo! Merry Christmas to you all up there!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you and Merry Christmas, Laurie!

      Delete
  4. You'd never know you went through all of that! You got a perfect picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I ordered an 11x14 for my house and on the large print, I can see the size 8 sticker on Stan the man's shirt. No one else can see it though. LOL

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas to our favorite Texans! Much love from the frozen tundra that makes me envy your warmth ;)

    Oh, the things you went thru for that photo. Never would have known it! Can I tell you how much I smile each time I open the cupboard that your card is displayed on? A LOT. The first thing I said when I opened your card was "I love how each little personality was captured so perfectly. How cute are they!?" The boots, the untucked shirt, the too.darn.cute glasses, Clementine's classic look...oh my, it was just too precious.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us and thank you for your friendship. Many {{hugs}} sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone smiled SO nicely! Great photo and "Mary", Merry, *Christ*mas, my friend! I have some catching up to do around the blog world but wanted to pop in and wish you a glorious and blessed Christmas day of rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your children are beautiful and obedient! Love your daughter's pink boots! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails